Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess my Google-Fu is weak. Does anyone know of a herbicide that will kill broadleaf plants in aeschynomene (deer vetch)? Clethodim kills the grass but need something for the broadleaves. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update.....IMOX appears to be working without damage to the vetch. It even looks like it put a hit on the sedge as well. No obvious damge or burning on the vetch and the grasses and weeds are starting to look weak after seven days. Thanks for the tip SC.

·
Premium Member
29,492 Posts
Update.....IMOX appears to be working without damage to the vetch. It even looks like it put a hit on the sedge as well. No obvious damge or burning on the vetch and the grasses and weeds are starting to look weak after seven days. Thanks for the tip SC.
Good deal. If it works at all on sedge, that is some good stuff. IMOX kind of slow working - doesnt show results like roundup. Please Give us another update in a week or two

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
21 day update....vetch is still doing good after the IMOX. A lot of the stuff I sprayed was pretty established but the majority of the grass/broadleafs are toast. Looks like it burned the sedge pretty good but didn't kill all of it. Took a while but looks like it worked pretty good and the deer are still after the vetch.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fianl update on the vetch and IMOX. Vetcgh lasted until hard frost killed it and deer stayed after it until it died. IMOX worked great however the residual is an issue. Over seeded with wheat like I've done previously in both the clover and vetch. I don't think 30% of the wheat germinated so that seems to limit my ability to use wheat as a second crop.

·
Premium Member
29,492 Posts
Didnt realize there was that kind of residual. I guess you could go with cleth for grass and I think butyrac is safe on the vetch - at least it is on clover. They recommend not to tank mix the two. I dont believe residual is very long if planting wheat seed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts