Valentine's day....

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by Kodiac, Feb 12, 2018.

1. curdog1

curdog1 Well-Known Member

I bet if we could see his browser history, he googled it. I bet we wouldn’t want to see his history tho...

nimrod389, N8HARNER and juleo like this.
  2. juleo

juleo Well-Known Member

This was my Valentine's Day surprise four years ago.
    IMG_3953.jpg
    This was my second day of muzzleloader season that year.
    IMG_3954.jpg
    A few weeks ago.
    IMG_3956.jpg

3. Foudroyant

Class of 89 here.

4. JB Weld

JB Weld Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I agree that we do do not have to buy into any kind of "holiday hype", however I encourage you all to take a moment and write her a love letter this week. We need to keep courting our wives. I believe that I am at my best when she feels loved. I do not do it perfectly, but I work to do it with excellence. Also, we will get v-day treats for our daughters. We don't buy into the hype, but we do keep it fun! One of the best gifts I have gotten from Mrs Weld in the past 18 years is a small pack of index card wrapped in a ribbon. It was 14 things she wrote about why she loved me. I keep it in my desk at work and pull it out occasionally to read through them. It makes my weary days a lot better. A couple years later, I did the same for her except I found a small heart shaped mirror key ring I used it to link all the love cards and I included a note telling her to look in that mirror when she felt down so she could see the woman I loved. She keeps it by her night stand. Guys, little things like this can really build up our wives. Don't be passive about your marriage. Work at keeping it romantic.

5. Punkinseed

Punkinseed Well-Known Member

Se ark
    Be her last valentines day with me if she packs me a salad.

cmf88, N8HARNER, LEXI and 4 others like this.
  6. 7 point

7 point Well-Known Member

Congratulations that’s quite an accomplishment for a 16 year old.

Allenn, Nat1, N8HARNER and 9 others like this.
  7. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Well-Known Member

You talk awful tough for an ol' boy that spends most of his time in the kitchen.

8. curdog1

I bet he packs her lunch....

Allenn, Nat1, N8HARNER and 4 others like this.
  9. JohnnieWalker

Obviously. That's why I still hang my hat on it 30 years later.

7 point likes this.
  10. curdog1

Don’t let ol 7 get to ya, I heard he quilt school in the 5th grade when he turned 14 so that he could go to work on a logging crew.

7 point likes this.
  11. RustyL

RustyL Well-Known Member

nimrod389, JohnnieWalker and Onetrakd like this.
  12. Onetrakd

Onetrakd Well-Known Member

Nwa
    What is quilt school? Or did you just prove you never passed grade school either?

Mr. Chitlin, N8HARNER, LEXI and 2 others like this.
  13. JohnnieWalker

Them rich boys talking trash don't bother me, cur. Let me tell you a story...

My family never had much money. When I was in grade school, my momma packed my lunch everyday, on account of we couldn't afford them fancy reduced price school lunches. She'd send me to school with a bowl of turnip greens and a slab of cornbread everyday. After several consecutive days of having the same lunch, the other kids starting making fun of me and calling me poor. As any youngster would, I became embarrassed and got up from the table all of them were sitting at. As I frantically looked around the cafeteria for someone to sit with, I saw a classmate sitting at a table all by himself with nothing on the table in front of him but a claw hammer. I walked over to the table where he was and sat my bowl of greens down and said, "hey, you mind if I sit here?" He said "Naw." I pulled up a chair and began to eat my turnip greens, all the while looking at this claw hammer sitting on the table in front of my new found friend. I looked at him and said "Ain't you gonna eat something?" He said "Yeah." I asked him what the claw hammer was for and he said "Lunch." He then reached into the chest pocket of his dirty overalls and proceeded to pull out two hickory nuts and laid them on the table, right next to that claw hammer. At that moment, I realized how lucky I truly was. I now had someone to make fun of, that was poorer than I was.

frogleg, Nathan88, Nat1 and 3 others like this.
  14. curdog1

I can relate.

We were so poor all I had to take for lunch was half a cold biscuit. I carried it in the same old sack every day. Jimmy always had 2 biscuits with ham on them in his bag. One day I decided I’d trade him bags. Well, I traded and his bag was heavier than mine so I thought I’d really scored big til I sit down at the table. I opened that bag up and there was 5 white oak acorns and a rock to crack them with. I had to watch jimmy eat my biscuit.

nimrod389 likes this.
  15. mk1848

mk1848 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Long story

16. ARoutdoorman

ARoutdoorman Well-Known Member

Got her a treadmill last year..just got over my fear of spatulas

17. JohnnieWalker

Read faster. It won't take as long. I forget who I'm dealing with at times. I'll try and have more Memphis friendly posts in the future.

18. tmeredith

tmeredith Platinum Member Redneck Slum Lord

We usually just go out to eat some place where the food doesn't come in a bag.

Onetrakd likes this.
  19. bullcreekboy

bullcreekboy Well-Known Member

Well, my mother in law owns a flower shop and V day is very important to her business. It also was the source of an important lesson for me 27 years ago when my wife and I started dating. That lesson was to NOT buy flowers for a girl who's mom owns a flower shop! They were not impressed! If, however, I stop and pick some wildflowers out of the road ditch, I am the bomb!
    We usually just cook a steak or something nice after the holiday rush is over.

20. stealthycat

stealthycat Elite Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

we do nothing much

I spend 365 a year trying to love my wife, not just one day

I'm taking her to an early BBQ dinner maybe, and that's all