Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
I dunno. I've had deer up close and sometimes they see me, sometimes they don't. If I don't move I have a better chance, but if the 'aura' that UV brighteners give can be seen by deer then they'll sure notice you faster. I figure its washed out of my hunting clothes by now as many times as I've washed them in no-UVB detergent, but I wonder about stuff like my day pack, camp chair (that I sit in on some of my stands) and similar stuff. It doesn't move, but does it have an aura? I dunno. If I can find any in the next few weeks I'm gonna try it. Probably no sense in using it more than once a season, so I figure a bottle will last for years. Bottom line - if it makes you more confident, it's a worthy investment.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I dont know, I got picked off pretty easy today then when I got down I pulled the sd card from my camera and checked it at home. I noticed in the picture my camo glowed kinda **** in this video. The shirt was worse than the pants but it didnt match the surroundings.:confused: Im going to give this uv killer a try.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
UV brighteners do exist, but there are detergents that do not contain them. The US ARmy will not let soldiers wash their uniforms in certain detergents due to the brighteners. All Free and Clear does not contain brighteners, and is all I use when at home. There are about 25 different detergents with no UV brightners in them. Don't waist your money on UV killer, I did several years ago, and the deer paid me no more attention with it as without it. I would be more worried about the perfumes in the detergent. Free and clear again, no perfumes.

·
Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I noticed in the picture my camo glowed kinda **** in this video.

Just for curiosity's sake, would you post that picture for us to see?

AND

Why won't this let me post his name? It just shows up as asterics.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I wash my huntin' clothes in whatever detergent my wife buys. I just spray on some scent-away, maybe a little bit of doe urine, and the deer don't seem to notice. Like someone else on here said, if it makes you more confident then go for it.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Ok In the first pic I was wearing mossy oak shirt and backpack And realtree pants, note the difference in the pack and shirt.

In the second pic I was wearing 3-d fusion shirt. It was brighter than the darker mossyoak shirt. It doesnt have any shade of blue when I look at with my own eyes but this is how the camera saw it. I will try to take some more pics of this shirt and see if I can get the same result then treat half of it with uv killer and see what the results are.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.