Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any experience using a deer decoy? I've got a place with good bucks, and is remote. Looking at it via Google Earth, and having been in there, it looks like a perfect setup. Plenty of cover, and room for adjusting to the winds. I'll have to hunt it from a ground blind. Any pointers, lessons learned, or just thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Super Member<br>2015 Spring Turkey Team Contest Wi
Arrow
2,453 Posts
I was hunting a big cottonwood thicket in Illinois and put a miss November out in front of me on a lane. I was hoping any buck coming into the lane would come down and check her out. I look up and a huge buck was coming out of a ravine up into the lane to my right. There was a small patch of blackberry in front of me. The buck walked down the lane and behind the blackberry not 15 yds from me. I drew my bow and wh3n he stepped out from behind the blackberry he saw the decoy and freaked out. He turned tail and ran back the way be came. I was already on him and was squeezing my release trigger. I was sick. Gave that decoy away that night. He was a giant!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.