Urine Test

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by JED, Jan 17, 2008.

1. JED

JED Well-Known Member

Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test with which I have no problem. What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them? Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their ???, doing drugs, while I work. . . . Can you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

2. I could imagine.........

But i don't see it changing:frown:

3. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    That's a good idea, but they can get around a urine test too easy. I have to do a hair test if anything happens to my company car, but I believe they are pretty expensive.

4. possum

possum Moderator<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<b

They can also test for that stuff they take or drink to clean their system out now as well.

I could go for the "welfare test", I too have to pass random tests and if I can do that to work for a check they should be able to do it to get one handed to them for doing nothing.

5. Down on the White

Down on the White Well-Known Member

XX2

6. TheBattman

TheBattman Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn

But all those welfare leeches who sit at home doing drugs make for good and somewhat reliable Democrat voters..... It is in the same category as welfare in general. Without a welfare system, liberal politicians don't have their fiscal slave-class to pander to.

The term "General Welfare" in our founding documents do NOT mean welfare check - it means to prevent impediment to people having OPPORTUNITY.

There are only a few people I believe should be drawing a check from the Federal Government (taxpayers):

Our military people (and I think they should make more than they currently do), as well as those who are disable in the line of their service to the country.

Those engaged in protecting our borders (border patrol)

A minimal office staff for our elected officials (let the darned lazy reps and senators read the crap they pass - it would be a lot shorter and simpler if they had to do it themselves).

And our government officials - who should be paid the "average" salary of their home state that sent them.

From that point, it gets really hard to find anyone else who should be able to draw a check from the government... especially in light of the Constitution.

7. D33RHUNT3R

D33RHUNT3R Well-Known Member

I dont and wont take one except by court order which I have taken due to custody of my kids... I still have my kids .:biggrin:

Why I WONT.... I wont be owned by my employer... He pays me for 8 Hrs a day not 24 only our MILITARY does that.......I think that if ALL employees would walk out like a union this pizz testing crap would go away quickly..

If you do take one IMHO you have become the Modern day Slave..
    Your OWNED....

Other Jobs now say you cant smoke cigerettes even in your off hours is this is No different... Your owned 24/7..... and the more the Employees keep letting these companies dictate their life the more they will...Whats next ... No alcohol at anytime???? Maybe your employer will want to be able to do drop in inspections at your home unannouced,whenever..

Everytime Employees cave into Employer the more the Employee become a Slave ...Pasifism stinks.... Stand up as a NON_DRUG using collective group and say NO MORE ....
    Hmmm Sounds like the Federal Goverment huh....

It wont happen because to many people want theirs/other peoples lives dictated to by big brother ... I'd rather Starve... """"Freedom"""" Its PRICELESS

8. jake

jake Well-Known Member

What would you do with those that didn't pass the drug test, fine them? If you just throw them out on the street, there would soon be so many people peeing in the street that the city water wouldn't be drinkable. There are that many that just wouldn't hit a lick at a snake no matter what. Therein lies the problem.

9. D33RHUNT3R

Pizz testing for a Welfare check is Wrong, Cut the Welfare Checks and give out jobs in the US Military ... or STARVE...:thumb: I'm very sympathtic huh..

Heres my welfare... a Military Tent City where you get a cot and 3 meals by the fine makers of the sea-ration... :biggrin: there now they wont starve is that liberal enuf ?? it is for me.. :biggrin: Now theres the Great Society... Bet it dont have to many takers...

10. I don't know about all you said................I as my coworkers work on Aircraft that carry people like you and your family...........do you not think it's a good idea to know if these people are under the influence or are users of drugs as they perform vital maintenance on that aircraft you might get on.................well maybe not the aircraft I work on ............only the very wealthy fly on them but what about an airliner?

11. D33RHUNT3R

A Piss test is really only good for Pot.. almost all other REAL Drug are gone from your sytem in 24-48 hrs
    So really what your saying is get the Pothead and forget the Meth heads the coke heads the Acid Freaks and alike ...Let face it a Unfair test to begin with ....its really only effective on 1 thing Pot which IMHO is less of a problem then Alcohol....

Now with that said is it FAIR to Fire a GUY for something he did on his own time ?????...

Because these piss test cant tell WHEN you did them OR if you are still under the Influence..
    ONLY that you have done it within a certain period of time DAYS OR WEEKS not Hrs...

Alcohol is the only one...

I dont fly ... and the answer is NO .. Are you going to pizz test your brain surgeon before your surgery ??? the hosptial dont ... How bout your boss pizzs 1st... maybe we could pizz all teachers ... then we could ditch 1/2 the Liberal teachers today...... IMHO Pizz test are pointless... I'd rather see my politicains Pizz tested FIRST...Opps Guess ole Bill Clinton Probably wouldnt have be Pres of the Free World long.....Obama would be in trouble i would guess to HOW DO I KNOW he stopped using Cocaine... or that OLE Bill wasnt firing one up while Monica was in the Oval Office ??? When they get Pizzed First on a RANDOM Basis from the opposite Political party maybe I'll think about it.... and they are PAID FOR 24HRS A DAY ..TO PROTECT ME

12. possum

D33RHUNT3R, I'm guessing your not in favor of random drug tests. I know there is jobs where it's probably not needed but on most days I'll deal with electricity, heavy machinery or chemicals if not all 3 in the same 8 hour work day and it's almost always within fairly close proximity of the general public not in a factory. If these drug tests help provide a little more safety for me, my co-workers and the public I'm forced to work around I have no problem with them. As a matter of fact if I feel that one of my employees need tested I can by-pass the random part and have it requested but have never felt the need to do so.

13. possum

Sometimes you might want to consider the safety of someone other than yourself. You may no be on that plane be it :censored: sure could fall on your head. :biggrin:

14. I can't see every job getting "Pizz" but I think safety sensitive jobs need to be..........And yeah I would like to know my brain surgeon isnt stoned prior to cracking my head open.

My boss gets "pizz" just like me..........DOT reg's require it ...........I don't care actually the time to go fill the cup is a joke and if they want to pay me what they pay me to stand around and piss in a cup I will gladly stand and give them some steaming urine!!!!

15. What goes up must come down!:thumb:

16. possum

:thumb: Learned that as a kid doing what we called "riding trees". A couple of us would climb saplings and bend them over to the ground and then one would let go and fall off. Well, usually being the lighter of the two I generally got the ride, it's amazing how far some of them things can throw ya.

17. TheBattman

TheBattman Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn

Welfare is like any addictive drug.... once you start, it gets harder and harder to get off.

Thus we have 3rd, 4th, and 5th generation Welfare kids. And this class of people are kept that way intentionally by the liberals who have continued and expanded the social programs. It is that same bunch who will fight tooth and nail to keep the welfare slavery system in place (along with class and race warfare).

I have zero problem with requiring a clean drug test to get a gumbmint check (if we are going to be giving the money out anyway....which I disagree with).

But I would rather cut them off altogether. Read the Bible - some pretty stern warnings about the "slothful"...

Proverbs 12:24-27
    24 The hand of the diligent will rule,
    while the slothful will be put to forced labor.
    25 Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs him down,
    but a good word makes him glad.

26 One who is righteous is a guide to his neighbor,
    but the way of the wicked leads them astray.
    27 Whoever is slothful will not roast his game,
    but the diligent man will get precious wealth.

Proverbs 18:9
    9 He also that is slothful in his work is brother to him that is a great waster.
    Proverbs 21:25 & 26

25 The desire of the slothful killeth him; for his hands refuse to labour.
    26 He coveteth greedily all the day long: but the righteous giveth and spareth not.​

18. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

I could go for the pizz test for welfare...for the ones that are able to work, but just too dang lazy....but for the ones that aren't able...well different matter!!!

I have to take one...sometimes random others, not random, but by circumstance , as in accident, either vehicle or serious electrical contact incident/accident...required by company and DOT !!! I got no problem with them, cause I got NOTHING TO HIDE......worked too hard all my life to loose a job over flunking one!!! SAFETY is the reason we have to take em...both ours and others!!!!!!

19. D33RHUNT3R

This is why we are headed towards slavery in a hurry No ONE has the Concept of PRIVACY or FREEDOM of Choice ...Unless your killing a baby...

20. D33RHUNT3R

So if a guy has an accident has been driving for 19 yrs and fails a piss test from smoking a joint last week (7 days have past) on his vacation ya'll are alright with him being Fired....