Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Member<br>2015-16 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on hunting the urban hunt in HSV this year, or at least trying.
It has been a while since I have been in there. Best I remember there are two gates that you must have a visitor pass or a key card. Is that right? Do they give passes to people to hunt who do not have property there?

·
Member On Double Secret Probation
29,876 Posts
Yes they give a pass to the hunters. First things first, lets not get our hopes too high of them having it. From what ive heard from several people is that they may not have it this next season due to how many was killed this year.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Yes they give a pass to the hunters. First things first, lets not get our hopes too high of them having it. From what ive heard from several people is that they may not have it this next season due to how many was killed this year.
You mean do to some young feller that was out there wackn n stackn them jokers like cord wood that just might go by the screename alphamaxhunter? ? From what I have seen and heard about that guy, there may not be any deer left out there! And then again they may just be telling "him" there won't be a season next year because of his one man slaughter fest . Between you ...."him" ...and Nuge Fan I think they killed more deer than 1/2 of the deer leases in the entire state!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Not to mention how many people hunting. I live in village and there are way to many hunters combing what areas are huntable. Residents sabotaging stand sites,stealing cameras,harrasing,calling village police. Nice when police ruin your hunt,some knucklehead sets up 50 yards from you and you have to move stands because residents make life miserable. Serious dent in population. Most of what good deer were here have been taken. I live here and spend lots of hours in woods and i see the difference. probably take a couple years to get quality deer rebuilt.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
You mean do to some young feller that was out there wackn n stackn them jokers like cord wood that just might go by the screename alphamaxhunter? ? From what I have seen and heard about that guy, there may not be any deer left out there! And then again they may just be telling "him" there won't be a season next year because of his one man slaughter fest . Between you ...."him" ...and Nuge Fan I think they killed more deer than 1/2 of the deer leases in the entire state!
Just curious, but WHY would they let anyone who is not a property owner hint inside HSV ????

·
29,876 Posts
Not to mention how many people hunting. I live in village and there are way to many hunters combing what areas are huntable. Residents sabotaging stand sites,stealing cameras,harrasing,calling village police. Nice when police ruin your hunt,some knucklehead sets up 50 yards from you and you have to move stands because residents make life miserable. Serious dent in population. Most of what good deer were here have been taken. I live here and spend lots of hours in woods and i see the difference. probably take a couple years to get quality deer rebuilt.
I certainly agree with that.. Most people there, hunter AND residents are some of the biggest errr im not saying it. I left one stand alone for most of October, waiting for it to settle down, walk in there about to hunt it again and some older guy moved his ladder stand 35 yards from my lockon, then wanted to be a :censored: about it and tell me i need to move mine. Sorry pal i dont play that game. He ended up moving his... 75 yards farther down the draw. Luckily he only hunts when its sunny and 65°.. as far as the deer population, there was a dent put in them, but imo theres still too many there, AGFC and HSV POA could make a good chunk if they actually took the time to manage and produce some monsters but then again Im just a kid what do i know?

Something i would like to see in the future when and if it does happen again, a limit on stands.

·
29,876 Posts
Shoot. I feel like a dad gum disgrace whenever it comes to "reducing" deer numbers. Especially ever since i lost that big one, its been nothing but down hill from there

·
29,876 Posts
And from the sound of al russell post above it sounds like the property owners are not in favor of hunters either if they were doing all he said.
Yep, majority dont want the deer there, but they do NOT want you to kill them. I had one stand on the garland co side that i couldnt hunt due to an old women who lived up on the hill and an old man that lived back behind me. If they happened to see my truck parked on the road theyd hall butt home and get the golf carts and ride around laying on the horn until i got down..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.