Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my wife are in the market and are nearly ready to buy or build a home. We had researched and talked to a man from United Built at one time but i wanted to get some firsthand or reliable second hand experiences about dealings with them and the quality of their work.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,371 Posts
I can't say anything bad about United Built, but I would contract one myself if I were you. I've done it and it's more work, yet more rewarding. Find the best wallpaper hanger in the business and work your way backwards from there for the best subs. Best wallpaper man (some women are better at it) will tell you the best sheetrock finisher to follow, he'll tell you about the best sheetrock hanger, hanger to framer, framer to concrete...you get the drift. Roofer will help with framer and plumber can help with concrete. Find some new homes in the area that are going up and talk with the workers there.

Right now is a good time to contract one yourself, some good subs aren't working as much now and I've heard that building materials are coming down. Make those lumber yards bid for your money, though the cheapest, as you know, is not always the best.

And if you and your wife's marriage survives contracting it yourself, you'll live happily ever after.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:thumb: That's the catch huh? Thanks Beltcutter, I've thought long and hard about that. It's still an option. This is good info. I surely appreciate it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts