Uncle Bubber

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by Draftstud, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Draftstud

Draftstud Well-Known Member

As a child one of my Daddy's brothers could not pronounce Brother so he call him Bubber, well it stuck and all I ever heard when we we around his family was Uncle Bubber this, Bubber that. It was as if he never had a real name, Nolan R. Harrell.
    Daddy was 81 when he passed away last night. He gave a good fight, but at the end it was too much. I was able to get my words in and he was able to say "I love you too". So as things go and they must go no matter what we wish for this was a closing of sorts.
    All the great memories and a band of gold will keep me company with my Daddy. John

2. mitchhigh

mitchhigh Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for your loss....I do not look forward to the day when I'm faced with the loss of my parents. My prayers are with you and for family.

3. steve72444

steve72444 Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss...........may God give your family comfort.

4. deer14

deer14 Well-Known Member

Sorry / lost my pop too few weeks back.

5. AR Thumper

AR Thumper Well-Known Member

Camden
    Sorry for your loss!

6. Peterbiv

Peterbiv Well-Known Member

My condolences to you and your family. Both my parents are gone now and there is not a day that goes by that I don't think about them and miss them.

7. thumper113

thumper113 Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss. Lost Daddy back in July. Really miss him.

8. CBD

CBD Well-Known Member

Very sorry for your loss. I sometimes look at my parents and notice, more-so than at other times, just how much they have aged the last couple of years, it's hard to realize and think of them being old. Neither Dad nor Mom killed a deer this year, they didn't go much, and Dad was really disappointed, saying that he knew that his hunting days were about over and that he just couldn't get out there after them anymore. It almost breaks my heart to hear such things.

Anyway, I really feel for you and your family and pray that the Lord will strengthen you during this very trying time. God bless.

9. Houdini

Houdini Elite Member<br>2010 Turkey Contest Winner<br>

AR
    My condolences....

I lost my Pops July '09.....Never a day goes by that I don't think about him.....

I know how ya feel.....

10. crappieitis

crappieitis Well-Known Member

Fouke
    Sorry for your loss

I miss my Dad tremendously ...

11. twiceborn

twiceborn Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss, God Bless you and comfort you.

12. My condolences.
    I was holding my Dad's hand when he passed away in '91, also my Mom's hand in '02. Miss them a lot, but glad I was there when they died.

13. conwayhunter

conwayhunter Well-Known Member

conway
    May God bless you and your family.

14. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Well-Known Member

15. Tony Harris

Tony Harris Super Moderator<br>2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Wi Staff Member

Sorry for your loss. How wonderful you got to have last words together. Hold on to those memories. Prayers sent.

16. BIG JIM

BIG JIM Select Member<br>Ol Eagle Eye

Very sorry for your loss.