Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are finally going to make it up next weekend. A buddy of mine went last weekend and said there is a new restaurant on the river up from Red's. Do you know what I'm talking about and if so how far up from Red's? He said they tore them up and caught a bunch of browns, I believe 4 keepers.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I don't know of any new restaurant, but I haven't driven that way in awhile...they are catching fish fairly well especially small mouths. It has rained the last 2 nights river is a little dingy but shouldn't be much of a problem......:biggrin:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Small mouths around Calico Rock? I didn't know the water was warm enough for anything but trout. Although my buddy said they went up to where the norfork and white meet and saw a few snakes. I've never seen a snake on the white or the red and I have fished the red a million times.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Hey Justin:

I read in the Baxter Bulletin about that new restaurant and while I remember they say it is very nice, darned if I can come up with the name. My neighbor also had a meal there and said it was one of the best he's had in the area.

If I remember correctly, the restaurant is just off the road going to Red's Landing. On the right-hand side going in and next to the river. You shouldn't be able to miss it.

Cheers.....

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Can't help with the restaurant but we have lots of Small Mouth here and a few snakes (but hey get lead poisoning for some reason and die) my Boat ramp area is full of small mouth most of the time especially when the Buffalo is mudding every thing up in the river. There are some nice Largemouth in the river also up here but no-body ever fishes for the good fish they want cat food trout..............:biggrin:

That restaurant sounds like the house / art studio that was just sold a few months back may be I think was called PJ's.......:smack:

A guy yesterday caught a 20" brown there with a plastic crappie jig on a Fly Rod and 4X leader.............:clap:

·
Member<br>2014 Team Turkey Contest Winner
770 Posts
I was up there around the first of June and we tried out the new restaurant. I think it is called PJ's. It was very good!

Yeah, turn right as your coming into Red's and you'll find it.

·
Member<br>2009 Spring Turkey Contest Team Winner<b
163 Posts
Bull has been running water around the clock but Norfork has been shutting down in the mornings then turning on about mid-morning. If it was me, I would motor up to Norfork early and catch the rise back when Norfork turns on, drifting back with the rise to just below or above Red's. The big hole just above Reds is holding a lot of fish as well as the hole right below. I would settle in those areas for the rest of the day....... but of course that is me.

Not sure if the name of the resturant is still PJ's but it is open and the food is great..........first road to the right after you cross the tracks..........If you run into Eddie or Julie Potts(they own the pri camp grounds there) tell Julie her big brother said hello.

The photo was taken last week and their location was somewhere between Red's and Norfork.

Redworms along with power bait seem to be doing the trick........look for Browns close to the banks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.