Unbelievible! been a while since I went to the scrap yard!

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by AR Thumper, Dec 20, 2012.

1. AR Thumper

AR Thumper Well-Known Member

Camden
    WOW!:confused:I sold my aluminum cans today 219 pounds worth, no biggie right? It has been a while since I was in there,Boy things had changed! I had to show ID & give them a Thumb print! DANG:eek:What is america coming to?

2. Houston boy

Houston boy Well-Known Member

it is coming to a bunch of crack heads that steal anything they can get their filthy hands on and scrapping it out to get more dope

3. I know the person that started the drive to get that law passed. He has a bunch of rental properties and a few years of replacing every piece of copper in the house and repairing the damaged caused from getting it, as well as replacing Several a/c condensing units brought that on. Lots of people had that happen to them.

4. Farmers been getting hit a lot. $300-$1000 in damage for a few bucks worth of copper. Land mines are called for here.

5. Quack addict

Quack addict Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Eudora,MS
    That would be a correct statement. Copper theifs were the drivers behind it.

6. speedygman

speedygman Well-Known Member

219 lbs of aluminum cans - did I read that correctly?

How long did it take you to get that much?

7. buckhorn

buckhorn Well-Known Member

What are they payng for cans right now in your neck of the woods.

8. AR Thumper

Camden
    I'm not sure but it has been at least 2 years.I crushed them & had them stored in 55 gal barrels(barrels were about 2/3 full due to the thin plastic bags that would not hold up to a full barrell without busting open. In addition to the cans I saved My Son & sister have been collecting them & give them to us when the get a bag full.Sometimes I ride my wheeler around & collect them off the roads. Helped pay for a little Christmas.

9. AR Thumper

Camden
    They were paying $.60 LB.

10. AR Thumper

Camden
    That was the most I ever got.:wink: