Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well fellas, I was on my way home last night from Valentines Day shopping when I got me a nice one. The first time I've ever hit a deer while driving. She came out of nowhere and with this lady riding my butt I couldn't slam the breaks on. Poor deer never had a chance, nor did my truck :smack: . I went back to see if I could find her and found her dead in the ditch. I hit her right across from the AGFC on Hwy 89. How convenient.... Anybody know of a good body shop in the Conway/Little Rock area? I'm going to probably try to pay this one out of pocket instead of using insurance.

· Registered
1,180 Posts
I'm going to probably try to pay this one out of pocket instead of using insurance.
No offense, but you would be foolish to pay for it yourself instead of going through your insurance company.
It would be filed under your comprehensive policy and will not count against you as an moving vehicle accident or rate increases.
....popgun

· Registered
128 Posts
My dad hit one in a 2001 dodge two years ago. I found him a replacement bumper on Ebay for cheap and it looks good as new. But he got lucky because there was no body damage just the front bumper and plastic. I think I would let the insurance pay for it. Good luck with the repairs if you do it yourself.

Farmerjon

· Registered
419 Posts
I haven't had to do just a whole lot of body work but my buddy wasn't lookin and ran into hay forks he left up and then hit a post in the grass when we were at the lake and we have both had our repairs done with Body Works One in Conway. I'd be sure to tell them OEM or Aftermarker parts, some people like the original stuff and some don't mind aftermarket but I think they ask. I think they are one of the cheapest places in town too. If nothing else just get a few estimates most places do it the estimates for free.

· Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn
3,647 Posts
WRONG!!! At least if he has State Farm. A claim is a claim with them, regardless of the type of claim. Wife hit a deer back in November. Less than a month later, an idiot backed into her in the parking lot of Cracker Barrel. Officer did not assign blame, bu no damage was done to my Tahoe (the other driver dented his plastic bumper on my trailer ball!). He filed it on his insurance (Progressive), who then investigated via our insurance (State Farm). After all was said and done, our insurance said it was not my wife's fault, nor was there a payout fom our insurance.

January brought a notice that State Farm was not renewing our policy after this quarter due to two claims.....

Go figure.

No offense, but you would be foolish to pay for it yourself instead of going through your insurance company.
It would be filed under your comprehensive policy and will not count against you as an moving vehicle accident or rate increases.
....popgun

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.