Two groups I shot with modified 10/22 Ruger.....

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by ArkyVarminter, Dec 5, 2012.

1. ArkyVarminter

ArkyVarminter Well-Known Member

The rifle has a Volquartsen Target trigger/hammer and a Shilen Barrel. I done the work myself and have had the rifle for a few years and decided to get it out and shoot it a little. At 25 yds it shoots one ragged hole with 5 shots. The groups below are at 50 yds with Fiocchi ammo. It will do better than this because I have shot down below a half inch at 50 yds in the past but today it didn't do it but still good. Just wanted to share............Arky

[​IMG]

2. jdrake19

jdrake19 Well-Known Member

Thats awesome. One day, ONE DAY, I'll get a better barrel and trigger on my 10/22. Love these guns.

3. I wouldnt want u shootin at me....

4. 10pointman

10pointman Moderator Staff Member

Good shootin!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

5. bogie

bogie Well-Known Member

That is good shooting! Have you tried any of the CCI Sub sonic hollowpoints? Mine loved the crap out of em! Good shooting!

6. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark
    Nice shooting at 50 yards. 10/22's are a load of fun. I have had great results with Winchester DynaPoint and Federal Auto Match ammo in my 10/22's.

7. nturchi

nturchi Well-Known Member

they sure are fun, we were shootin eggs during family xmas competition last weekend at 75 yards (it was no problem for everyone but me). Winner got a nice $20 bill