Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something old and something new. Took the 1962 Challenger I and the Micro Bull Buckmark with my finally received Ruger Silent SR to the range this morning. Always happy with the old Challenger, it's like an extension of your arm and shoots right where you point it.

Super happy with the Buckmark with the Ruger suppressor. Subsonic ammo was super quiet, basically just the action noise. Accuracy wasn't too shabby with 10 shots in about a 2" pattern. Off hand at 10 yards for a guy that drinks too much coffee before going to the range isn't bad to me.

Wood Rectangle Gas Font Pattern

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From the time I filled out all the paperwork about 10 months. From the time they cached my check for the tax stamp about eight. I had heard some times as short as three months but I am never that lucky.

Now I am looking for a bolt rifle host. I have two bolt .22’s and one bolt WMR but I don’t really want to thread any of them. Might consider having the 77/22 Ruger done though.

·
Grand Member
15,424 Posts
I have a Ruger American .22 ,stainless, with a threaded 18" barrel. I bought it for my suppressor and I really like it. The 18" barrel helps with the overall length. I swap the suppressor between it and a 4" Buckmark, which I also really like.
If you think the pistol is quiet with the can on it, the bolt action rifle is a lot quieter, because there is nothing escaping out of the breach during the firing and cycling of the round.
A good thing about shooting a pistol with a suppressor is almost all .22 rounds fired through a pistol will be subsonic because of the velocity loss of the short barrel. About the only .22 rounds that are not subsonic out of a pistol are the ones like CCI Stingers.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man, I got a keeper wife for sure! She bought me the Buckmark above about 3 years ago for Christmas, got me a gift card for the suppressor last Christmas, and told me over the weekend we are going shopping for a threaded barrel .22LR rifle for my Christmas present this year. Dammit boys, just had to brag.

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
Man, I got a keeper wife for sure! She bought me the Buckmark above about 3 years ago for Christmas, got me a gift card for the suppressor last Christmas, and told me over the weekend we are going shopping for a threaded barrel .22LR rifle for my Christmas present this year. Dammit boys, just had to brag.
She got any sisters? Preferably, independently wealthy.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
She got any sisters? Preferably, independently wealthy.
She has three living, one is a hard worker but sadly, not wealthy. The other is a crack head and the last is a flaming liberal.

Her sister that passed was my partner in crime very often in our younger years. She was a drinker and a hoot to be around.

In all sincerity, my wife is a gem. I try to remember to tell her that every day.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a Ruger American .22 ,stainless, with a threaded 18" barrel. I bought it for my suppressor and I really like it. The 18" barrel helps with the overall length. I swap the suppressor between it and a 4" Buckmark, which I also really like.
If you think the pistol is quiet with the can on it, the bolt action rifle is a lot quieter, because there is nothing escaping out of the breach during the firing and cycling of the round.
A good thing about shooting a pistol with a suppressor is almost all .22 rounds fired through a pistol will be subsonic because of the velocity loss of the short barrel. About the only .22 rounds that are not subsonic out of a pistol are the ones like CCI Stingers.
Went Saturday and picked out my Christmas present. After handling everything from Savage to Bergera to Tikka I ended up choosing the exact rifle Sam stated here. Stainless and synthetic. Seemed the best balance of value plus I like flush fit magazines and I already have plenty for my 77/22.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.