Arkansas Hunting banner

Turkeyhunters Take Notice

1K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  ralin 
#1 ·
I talked to a friend today who told me about a friend of his that before season had 6 gobblers on there place-He said he has 1 now and they control who hunts their place- he went on to tell me that they killed a coyote the other day and checked its stomach and found 3 BEARDS!!! Sounds to me like we as turkey hunters need to start busting us some yotes! Dont know about ya'll but calling a coyote cant be much harder(No offense to you yote hunters) than what I have had calling turkeys the last few years!

#4 ·
That was one skilled coyote. Three beards in his stomach at the same time. that means he would have had to have killed all three mature gobblers in a very small window of time. That is quite a turkey killing coyote. Also, those were some bored individuals, to cut open a coyote stomach, pretty nasty.

What do you think the chances are of a coyote catching three gobblers and eating them in less than a 24 hour period?

#5 ·
That was one skilled coyote. Three beards in his stomach at the same time. that means he would have had to have killed all three mature gobblers in a very small window of time. That is quite a turkey killing coyote. Also, those were some bored individuals, to cut open a coyote stomach, pretty nasty.

What do you think the chances are of a coyote catching three gobblers and eating them in less than a 24 hour period?
Less than the possibility of catching one gobbler with three beards:fit: :up:

#11 ·
3 beards fully intact huh? I don't believe that for one second. Not you BG, but the guy that cut open the belly. The coyote would have to puposely not harm the beards and would almost know what it was doing. Any measurements on the beards by the way?

#12 ·
3 beards fully intact huh? I don't believe that for one second. Not you BG, but the guy that cut open the belly. The coyote would have to puposely not harm the beards and would almost know what it was doing. Any measurements on the beards by the way?
I caught a catfish once that had a "T" bone from a large pork chop or small steak in his belly.....lemme see ya call BS on that!:wink: :biggrin:

#13 ·
John I have seen some strange things in my life- I wasnt there so I cant verify nor deny the story I would think a turkey beard would be tough to digest though! And I know a yote can catch a turkey if the turk is in the wrong spot! I know we have some problems with our population and it goes further than the hatch issues! I know for one I will and always eradicate any yote I can just to dang many of them critters!

#14 ·
John I have seen some strange things in my life- I wasnt there so I cant verify nor deny the story I would think a turkey beard would be tough to digest though! And I know a yote can catch a turkey if the turk is in the wrong spot! I know we have some problems with our population and it goes further than the hatch issues! I know for one I will and always eradicate any yote I can just to dang many of them critters!
Me too, Buba...I'm really glad though, that the coyote didn't eat that turkey that had 9 beards:fit: :up:

#17 ·
I had a July Walker once that found a rabbit nest and ate all the babies...whole, still moving and all. When I found her she was laying in the shade whining. You could hear the little rabbits sqeaking inside her. When we felt her stomach you feel them squirming. I am sure they didn't last long but still...I had a bad taco do that once so I felt for her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.