Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have decided its time to upgrade to a new turkey hunting vest. My Butler Creek is slap worn out and I'm looking to see what's new on the market. So which vest do you recommend and why?

Thanks,

Manybeards

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
I've got a Mossy Oak Elite vest but would really look hard at some of the Cabela's models.
The main reason I'm using what I am is because I bought it on sale for less than $20. :biggrin:

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have an Ole Tom turkey vest that is the best that I have used. It is extremely functional and doesn't weigh as much as some others that I have had.

·
Super Moderator
9,435 Posts
Man all I can say is wait till the end of the season keep an eye out at Wal-Mart!! My dad and I both bought one last year on sale for less than $15 and they were originally over $40. If you can hold out, do it. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
14,537 Posts
i like the heck out of my Primos vest, gobbler elite or something like that. BG12
I'll second that one with a big AMEN. This will be my third season with it, and I am just enjoying it thoroughly. Plenty of room, not to hot. Well organized pockets. Can't say enough good things about it.

You can spend a lot more money to get a vest, and you can sure spend a lot less money, but after trying, using, looking at a TON of vests, this is the one I have settled on.

·
Banned
20,810 Posts
I had one custom made for me....bless that woman's soul that made it for me, She's the sweetest woman I've ever known..Till I want her husband to go turkey huntin with me..??????? GO FIGURE....WOMEN?????

·
Registered
371 Posts
I don't know what the one I have is, but the next one I buy will have some different features. I use two slates and I'd get one that has pockets that hold slate calls and strikers because they make too much noise otherwise. Gotta wrap a glove, extra head net, or something around them all the time. Not enough to make me buy a new vest, but it is annoying. I think I'll see if I can sew a divider in one of the big pockets or something.

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
I don't know what the one I have is, but the next one I buy will have some different features. I use two slates and I'd get one that has pockets that hold slate calls and strikers because they make too much noise otherwise. Gotta wrap a glove, extra head net, or something around them all the time. Not enough to make me buy a new vest, but it is annoying. I think I'll see if I can sew a divider in one of the big pockets or something.
You can get a small slate call holder that will fit in your pocket for pretty cheap. If you like your vest other than the problem you've mentioned then some sort of slate pouch would be the way to go.

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's the one I decided on. It's really comfortable and has room for all my play toys. It's called a limbhander made by Mossy Oak Appereal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts