Turkey Vest

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Manybeards, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Manybeards

Manybeards Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20

Hey guys I have decided its time to upgrade to a new turkey hunting vest. My Butler Creek is slap worn out and I'm looking to see what's new on the market. So which vest do you recommend and why?

Thanks,

Manybeards

2. browning_gold_12

browning_gold_12 Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>Trail Cameras<br>'07

camden
    i like the heck out of my Primos vest, gobbler elite or something like that. BG12

3. Arkie_3_fan

Arkie_3_fan Well-Known Member

I've got a Mossy Oak Elite vest but would really look hard at some of the Cabela's models.
    The main reason I'm using what I am is because I bought it on sale for less than $20. :biggrin:

4. spit-n-drum

spit-n-drum Well-Known Member

I love my Mossy Oak® Super Elite III™ NWTF Turkey Vest, however I haven't compared to all the others out there.

5. Loc-on

Loc-on Well-Known Member

I have an Ole Tom turkey vest that is the best that I have used. It is extremely functional and doesn't weigh as much as some others that I have had.

6. ArkArcher

ArkArcher Moderator Staff Member

Man all I can say is wait till the end of the season keep an eye out at Wal-Mart!! My dad and I both bought one last year on sale for less than $15 and they were originally over $40. If you can hold out, do it. :thumb:

7. LX_Trkyhntr

LX_Trkyhntr Guest

Ol Tom strap vest is the best by far! Not as hot as some of the others I have had.

8. JR1

JR1 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I'll second that one with a big AMEN. This will be my third season with it, and I am just enjoying it thoroughly. Plenty of room, not to hot. Well organized pockets. Can't say enough good things about it.

You can spend a lot more money to get a vest, and you can sure spend a lot less money, but after trying, using, looking at a TON of vests, this is the one I have settled on.

9. Houdini

Houdini Elite Member<br>2010 Turkey Contest Winner<br>

AR
    I had one custom made for me....bless that woman's soul that made it for me, She's the sweetest woman I've ever known..Till I want her husband to go turkey huntin with me..??????? GO FIGURE....WOMEN?????

10. jake

jake Well-Known Member

I don't know what the one I have is, but the next one I buy will have some different features. I use two slates and I'd get one that has pockets that hold slate calls and strikers because they make too much noise otherwise. Gotta wrap a glove, extra head net, or something around them all the time. Not enough to make me buy a new vest, but it is annoying. I think I'll see if I can sew a divider in one of the big pockets or something.

11. manybeards have you checked out the bob dixon edition mossy oak vest. Very sweet but they are proud of it( 150$).:censored:

12. Arkie_3_fan

Arkie_3_fan Well-Known Member

You can get a small slate call holder that will fit in your pocket for pretty cheap. If you like your vest other than the problem you've mentioned then some sort of slate pouch would be the way to go.

13. Manybeards

Manybeards Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20

Here's the one I decided on. It's really comfortable and has room for all my play toys. It's called a limbhander made by Mossy Oak Appereal.

[​IMG]