Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple times a year, I'll get pics like this....usually about this time of year. Occasionally groups of 4 or 5 longbeards....but have never heard or seen a turkey during the hunting season. Do turkeys have a core area they hang out in, or just roam all over? What is the normal distance they will range? turkeys 040.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
They roam this time of year but will soon start staking a claim. They range over about two miles in any direction from thier core area. Maybe more depending on the terrain.

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
I have areas I deer hunt that I will see tons of birds in the fall, come spring time and they are no where close to that property. I imagine the different food sources and cover make a difference for time of year they use different areas. But I'm no turkey guru either.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have no turkeys on my land from October to April. They normally move in about a week or two before season. Usually they are down the road a couple of miles all grouped together in winter. And once spring comes, they'll branch out more to the wooded areas and smaller feilds. That's what I've come to conclusion up here in Sharp County!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts