Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well the picts were taken over the weekend in oklahoma. My new toy is a canon rebel xti. I took most pictures in the manual mode instead of the point and shoot. I shot well over 300 pictures and got maybe 10 good ones I think. There is a big learning curve with it.

· Premium Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
6,047 Posts
Question on that 1st Picture- That bird I would call a Jake around here from his beard lenght- but his spurs look like a 2 year old- is that a trait of a Mirriam?
Nevermind I would call that a 2 year old!

· Premium Member
18,386 Posts
Nice pictures. Tame birds?

Question on that 1st Picture- That bird I would call a Jake around here from his beard lenght- but his spurs look like a 2 year old- is that a trait of a Mirriam?
Nevermind I would call that a 2 year old!
You can't ever rely solely on the beard for age. I've killed three year olds with short beards and jakes with 6" beards. Spurs are the closest means we have to aging birds.

The reason I asked if they were tame was because of the short beard, beat up tails, and ruffled feathers. Those are characteristics of farm-yard birds.

If that first one was a wild bird in OK, then he sure has some weird and awesome color.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.