Arkansas Hunting banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I'm just curious, did you apply with no intention of hunting?
No, do have plans on hunting this state. Also have plans to hunt the WMA if I got selected. However, something is looking to prevent that from happening and may now not be able to take off during the week. @JR1 I'm not one to apply for a permit just to keep it from another individual. To me that's wrong.

Reactions: jackie53

·
Premium Member
13,747 Posts
No, do have plans on hunting this state. Also have plans to hunt the WMA if I got selected. However, something is looking to prevent that from happening and may now not be able to take off during the week. @JR1 I'm not one to apply for a permit just to keep it from another individual. To me that's wrong.
Good deal. I got that impression from your post. Glad to hear you aren't one of those guys.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I drew one but I'm not ready to say I'm lucky yet since I'm not sure there are 15 turkeys in all of Lonoke County.
There are for sure 15 running the north Border of Lonoke county..... of course some days they fly down in White County.....I can post a picture if it will increase your hope of a miracle....but I'd say your correct about the chances of there being that many in HB!

·
Registered
786 Posts
why are some wmas like scattercreek given unlimited youth permits i really do not get this shows 45 drawn already and that they are unlimited in the left over permit sale so if another 50 get a permit that pontentially can be close to 200 folks out there on 5000 acres im considering taking my turkey hunt elsewhere if the wma is going to be beat down like that

·
Premium Member
23,289 Posts
why are some wmas like scattercreek given unlimited youth permits i really do not get this shows 45 drawn already and that they are unlimited in the left over permit sale so if another 50 get a permit that pontentially can be close to 200 folks out there on 5000 acres im considering taking my turkey hunt elsewhere if the wma is going to be beat down like that
Makes it Tough..You can be my Youth..
Where do we signup?

·
Premium Member
13,747 Posts
And that 25% is deceptive if you look at the WMAs individually. Most were 20% or less. One as low as 6% (I was wrong on this...25% looks about right for first choice. I viewed the wrong column.)

Having a 6% chance to hunt turkeys on public land in the second most populated area of AR is a problem.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That's crazy. The two I put in for had a 6% and 22%. Guess I am going to have to travel quite a bit to have a chance next year.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts