Arkansas Hunting banner

81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,895 Posts
I don’t quite agree. I like the pay to play system. Before you had folks applying for all kinds of permits because it was free, knowing full well they would never use them. Now I wish they would take the permit money and work on some good turkey habitat.
I didn’t mind paying $10 for a permit if I was drawn. I just don’t like having to pay simply to apply. Any unclaimed permits to anywhere worth hunting were always sold under the old system.

·
Premium Member
23,289 Posts
AGFC Don't want you Turkey Killer having a permit..Have to restock..WMA....

Their like Walmart Restockers..If it sells they don't want to restock it..Have ta Work..

·
Registered
313 Posts
Swing and miss for me and my oldest son. My youngest son did draw for Harold E. Where can you go to see how many permits were given out for each WMA?
I tried to find this out before I applied this year.
As of last Dec, this information was unavailable, but was something AGFC was "working with their vendor" on making available.
They did say that of the 1,040 permits available state wide, there were 3,000+ applicants.

·
Premium Member
23,289 Posts
5 Dollars for one Turkey? Really?

I hunt a lot of WMA in Arkansas...
A lot..

See more Turkey on Private than I do on Game and Fish Management WMA..

Something Wrong..

Wonder how many Turkey Stamps sold and if that has anything to do with Drawing a Permit?..

Maybe Wrong bet if you don't buy a Stamp you don't Draw a permit..Just sayn...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts

A lot..

Something Wrong..

Wonder how many Turkey Stamps sold and if that has anything to do with Drawing a Permit?..

I bought two stamps and didn’t get a permit. Who do I need to complain to?

·
Administrator
40,997 Posts
I drew one for Sylamore last year. It was beautiful country but I didn't have any luck. In 3 days of hunting I only heard one gobble.

This year I applied for Holland Bottoms because its maybe 10 minutes from home and I never figured Id get one anyway since they were only giving 15 out.

I drew one but I'm not ready to say I'm lucky yet since I'm not sure there are 15 turkeys in all of Lonoke County.

I just hope my truck is there when I get back. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
23,289 Posts
Something Wrong with Arkansas Turkey and Turkey Management...

Don't know how to Manage.....

Arkansas Needs Hybrid Turkey or something that can Adapt to Arkansas
Land Practices....

·
Super Moderator
13,249 Posts

A lot..

Something Wrong..

Didn’t buy a stamp and I got a permit, so there goes that idea. Maybe they pick someone who has never or almost never killed a turkey. I killed one 20+ years ago when we could kill one in the Fall with archery equipment. Or maybe, just maybe, it’s a RANDOM DRAW????

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
No sir, that is only for the places that didn’t have the full amount of permits applied for. There are no “left over/not claimed” permits any more. You already paid your $5 therefore it is yours.
To you and @JR1 Good thing that I didn't pay that $5. Well, in a way I did when I purchased my Lifetime License, but don't need to pay in advance for any quota draw or WMA access. If the permit doesn't go back into the pot. Then it will make the place a little less crowded for the hunters that got selected. Good luck to the ones that get to go.

Reactions: jackie53

·
Premium Member
13,747 Posts
To you and @JR1 Good thing that I didn't pay that $5. Well, in a way I did when I purchased my Lifetime License, but don't need to pay in advance for any quota draw or WMA access. If the permit doesn't go back into the pot. Then it will make the place a little less crowded for the hunters that got selected. Good luck to the ones that get to go.
I'm just curious, did you apply with no intention of hunting?

81 - 100 of 115 Posts