Arkansas Hunting banner

61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,267 Posts
Some preference point states are 75/25, and some bonus point states are 20/80. So in both these examples 25% and 80% are the random draws. Everyone( that means newcomers) all have a chance. So if “they” in your post refers to AGFC, well, we already knew their ignorance.
Yes, they=agfc. I've had numerous conversations with them over email on several different subjects and I guess I get dumber each time, because I keep sending emails 🤦‍♂️😂

·
Registered
24,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Well, it goes into the pot to be sold on March 1st. Therefore, not a wasted permit and one people will want. Keeping it and not using it would be a waste. This way someone gets it.
View attachment 300289
No sir, that is only for the places that didn’t have the full amount of permits applied for. There are no “left over/not claimed” permits any more. You already paid your $5 therefore it is yours.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Anyone else that’s drawn having trouble claiming it? I’m trying to claim my dads for him and it won’t give me anything about it
I’ve tried a couple of times to get my permit but not working or worse not there. I’m gonna try again and if no luck I’ll be calling hopefully someone is around to answer phone

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Swing and miss for me and my oldest son. My youngest son did draw for Harold E. Where can you go to see how many permits were given out for each WMA?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Why do some people apply for a permit to a certain area knowing dang well that won’t go if they get drawn? Exactly the same reason I don’t apply for an Elk permit or a turkey permit in an area I know in advance I won’t go or use it. Stupid as hell.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I’ve tried a couple of times to get my permit but not working or worse not there. I’m gonna try again and if no luck I’ll be calling hopefully someone is around to answer phone
Last year, they sent the notification email out a day or two too early. I had to wait a couple of days before I could finally claim it.

·
Registered
22,034 Posts
I've been trying to get the AG&F to allow me to give them $10 and let me hunt 2 weeks before everyone else in archery season and so far they've not accepted

don't know why - they do it for turkey, why not deer too ?

·
Premium Member
2,895 Posts
I didn’t get one because I didn’t apply for any. I’ve pretty much been boycotting ever since they started charging $5 just to apply. Just another way for them to grab more money for nothing. And it’s not about the money, it’s just the principle. They have turned WMA permit hunting into nothing more than a $5 scratch off. Shouldn't have to pay any amount for something you don’t get.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
I didn’t get one because I didn’t apply for any. I’ve pretty much been boycotting ever since they started charging $5 just to apply. Just another way for them to grab more money for nothing. And it’s not about the money, it’s just the principle. They have turned WMA permit hunting into nothing more than a $5 scratch off. Shouldn't have to pay any amount for something you don’t get.
I don’t quite agree. I like the pay to play system. Before you had folks applying for all kinds of permits because it was free, knowing full well they would never use them. Now I wish they would take the permit money and work on some good turkey habitat.

61 - 80 of 115 Posts