Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
I got one! Pretty sure I am no threat to a turkey though. My brother and I drew for a permit about 3-4 years ago. It’s also The only time I’ve ever been. Neither one of us knew what we were doing. My brother told me as soon as we got parked he had to go number two because the coffee had caught up with him. He jumped out of the truck, slam the door and ran for the woods. Apparently we were parked under a roost And a turkey started gobbling at us. I couldn’t believe it. I was trying to get my shotgun loaded and looking for the turkey at the same time. Never did find it but I heard a fly off. He must’ve been 20 -30 foot away. I kept hearing my brother laughing over the words while he was doing his business. We could hear turkeys out in the distance everywhere. Ended up Getting A couple coming towards us but we ran into a big flooded creek. We couldn’t go any further and we could get the turkeys to come across the creek. Action pretty much tied down after about 1030 -11 that morning. I can’t remember why but I wasn’t able to go the next day. I had a pretty young baby and my wife had to work at the hospital.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Got my 1st choice but looks like it will be going back into the pot for someone else.

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
Here again, nothing for me,

About ready for us to go back to points or some other type of merit system on this deal. Some folks seem to have way too much luck in this draw your name out of the hat deal. Some now never get drawn anymore, but here again, done seen where some of the same ones who are always getting one, here again got “Randomly” drew again. (1 for the 7th year in a row). Guess some can have an exceptional run of luck, but what’s the odds of being drawn for 1 of only 15 permits, 7 years in a row?

·
Super Moderator
13,249 Posts
I’m not sure how long it’s been since I’ve been drawn, but it’s been several years, and this year I drew one. I think there were only 10 available, so yes, I’m pretty sure I got lucky on getting a permit.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts