Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The numbers are looking really bad for the year. But, why are people still killing hens lol? If you can't tell the difference license should be pulled.

·
Registered
32,126 Posts
Anybody but me notice kill dates. Season wasn’t even open on some of them!
Yeah, looks like several folks didn't read the regs.
Still shooting bearded hens and figured season still opened the monday after youth season.

·
Registered
13,703 Posts
Interesting that the harvest rose on Monday. There must have been a significant number of those first-week turkey slayers getting back out for bird #2. Maybe the MO first week rule will have a pretty significant impact?

I looked at the Benton Co numbers since our season's over, and it didnt slow the harvest a bit. Washington Co was in the toilet though.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Interesting that the harvest rose on Monday. There must have been a significant number of those first-week turkey slayers getting back out for bird #2. Maybe the MO first week rule will have a pretty significant impact?

I looked at the Benton Co numbers since our season's over, and it didnt slow the harvest a bit. Washington Co was in the toilet though.
I said the same thing. A much larger harvest number than other days. Even with it as opener, it was still a Monday. Alot of people who killed them before opener tagging them on Monday so they could go post their pictures on Insta and FB.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts