Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 256 Posts

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,530 Posts
Monday opener; they can keep it near the same dates to help the hatch another year

Limit 2 male turkeys with 6 in or better beard. No jakes

Youth hunt stays as is

·
Super Moderator<br>2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Wi
11,017 Posts
I plan on going to the one in LR. I wouldn't mind a Monday opener on teh second Monday in April, a one bird limit and a two week season. Anyone caught cheating has their hunting license revoked for 5 years. Anyone caught cheating by using a kid gets the crap beat out of them. If it keeps getting worse in Winona they may as well shut it down for a couple of years rather than pretend its ok.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm sure the AGFC already has their minds made up what they are going to do, but for South Arkansas, I would like to see a Monday opener with a two bird limit, NO JAKES.

Does the AGFC not advertise these meetings?

·
11,017 Posts
MB, just so you know...it wasn't an option. It was an opinion and you are welcome to disagree. We already are going to have a two week season this next spring BTW, unless earlier leaks were in fact wrong.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Just a question......if you had a one bird limit, then why would the season only need to be two weeks? A lot of birds are probably taken the first few days (i assume), so by week 3 only a few desperate hunters would still be in the woods

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,530 Posts
Just a question......if you had a one bird limit, then why would the season only need to be two weeks? A lot of birds are probably taken the first few days (i assume), so by week 3 only a few desperate hunters would still be in the woods
Thats correct even with a 2 bird limit. The majority the of the harvest is opening week

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
1. Monday Opener
2. Shorter season - 2 weeks?
3. Reduced bag limits - 1 bird
4. Stiff penalties for poachers - loss of license isn't good enough. Stiff fines
5. Go back to checkstations - stop the internet checking...see rule 4
6. Monday Opener
7. Youth hunt bag limit 1 during Youth Season
8. Youth's must pass a shooting course to hunt - see rule 4
9. Monday Opener

·
11,017 Posts
This was copied from another site. It was posted back in July I believe.

According to the Arkansas Democrat Gazette this morning the spring turkey season is a short one. Zones 1, 2, 3, 4B, 5, 5B, 6, 7, 7A, 8, 9, 9A, and 10 is April 12 - 25, Zone 17 is April 5 - 27. This is the shortest season I can remember.

We will see if this pans out or not.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
My opinion
Open April 1st,no matter what day of the week it falls on.
Close season April 15th.
One bird limit.
No internet checking
Violators,1000 dollar fine and 3 year loss of ALL hunting privelidges.

1 - 20 of 256 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.