Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which do yall prefer the eotech 512 (xps2) or a burris fastfire III? Please tell me which one and why

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I personally like eotechs. A bit bigger but they are tough as wood pecker lips. I've shot them on rifles a lot. If they can stand up to the battlefield, I'm betting you won't hurt one in the turkey woods

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Ive had a burris ff on 3 years now I think, couple buds running the same, like them, seem to work good and be tough, we put some miles on them in the spring.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive had a burris ff on 3 years now I think, couple buds running the same, like them, seem to work good and be tough, we put some miles on them in the spring.
how about glare in the sun?, I read some reviews where it said the Fastfire can be tough to see out of. Also how is the automatic brightness?

thanks

·
Registered
737 Posts
I prefer shooting w/ no sight at all except round bead at end of barrel. No glare, no batteries, and seems to me an eotech like sight would just get in way if shooting at a moving turkey.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I prefer shooting w/ no sight at all except round bead at end of barrel. No glare, no batteries, and seems to me an eotech like sight would just get in way if shooting at a moving turkey.
I'm with you as far as hunting with no optic on my gun. I tried it for a couple of years and it just didn't seem natural to me. As far as shooting at moving targets, I have seen people shoot ducks with an eotech. You can shoot both eyes open and don't have to worry about having the gun mounted right. Just focus on the red circle. If (and that's a big if) I was going to use an optic, it would be an eotech. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
13,410 Posts
I don't guess myself or any turks have noticed any glare.
I think by the time they would get a chance to notice it, it'd be too late.

I tried a Tru-glo red dot one year with the intention of upgrading to a FF3 if I liked it. I did like it. They're fast too. I shot clays with it one day. No magnification, just a floating red dot that lets you see the entire target.
That said, I dont use one now. I got an 870 barrel with iron rifle sights. I feel confident that I can shoot well with it, and it wont ever get bumped. However, with today's super-tight patterns, I'd probably shoot the dot before I'd go back to the bead.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts