Arkansas Hunting banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hunted With the same Youth model Remington 870 ,20 Gauge for 20 Years..
A Friend Sporting's Goods manager in Searcy
Called me on a Remington 870 12 Ga.. 3.5 in Turkey... Special..
Hunted With it 10 Years..
Old Age and Retirement.. in the Ozark mountains..
Has got me to Down sizing... Stevens Savage 301s..410 & 20 Gauge.. Loving the lite weight
Of theses Little Turkey Thumpers....

Good Hunting..May all your Tags be Filled..

·
Premium Member
24,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Savage 301 in .410 is the ticket.....Arkansas and Iowa and not quite done yet this Spring. My first season with it.......I honestly don’t see myself hunting with anything else ever again with the advances in turkey loads.....
Congrats..Real Turkey Hunters..Love the Smile..

Love the 301s Fits me and the Youth We are hunting With..

·
Premium Member
24,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Savage 301 in .410 is the ticket.....Arkansas and Iowa and not quite done yet this Spring. My first season with it.......I honestly don’t see myself hunting with anything else ever again with the advances in turkey loads.....
What kind of Choke Sir? May I ask?

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
Started with a 30" barrel 870 with 2 3/4" chamber. Moved to a 870 with 3" chamber and killed a pile of them.

Upgraded 12 or 14 years ago to an 870 SPS Turkey in 3.5" and until my last bird in MO, that's all I've used since.

Now that I've killed one with the .410, I'm wondering if I'll go back to the 870.

·
Premium Member
24,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Started with a 30" barrel 870 with 2 3/4" chamber. Moved to a 870 with 3" chamber and killed a pile of them.

Upgraded 12 or 14 years ago to an 870 SPS Turkey in 3.5" and until my last bird in MO, that's all I've used since.

Now that I've killed one with the .410, I'm wondering if I'll go back to the 870.
We kin folks?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Jeb’s Head Hunter.....XFull
They say this gun is designed for Federal Ammunition, but I didn’t like it. I used the factory choke and the Jebs when setting it up but the Jebs was a little better......I used Apex 7/8 ounce 9.5’s and Rogue 27/32 9’s and the Rouge was far superior....out of both chokes. The Apex was fine but the Rogue was a better pattern for me.

·
Premium Member
24,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I’ve killed several nice gobblers with the Stevens 301T in .410 that “I bought for my daughter”... shoots apex loads great out of factory choke and it’s amazing how well the small shot/small shell works on a gobblers noggin!

Congrats..Smile says it all..

Can I borrow some pics..I ain't got none for 2021...

Been looking at The Jebs Thanks..

Just kidding... Congrats well done..

21 - 39 of 39 Posts