Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back there was a thread where people had displayed their fans. I can only pull up the last 26 topics on here for some reason. So anyone want to share any displays for ideas!! I'm looking for a display for a grand slam

·
Member On Double Secret Probation
29,867 Posts
How did y'all get the back part off without tearing it up?
This may sound like a smart remark.... But trust me it isnt, very VERY carefully! I did it with a kansas bird i killed last year,and it took me forever

·
Premium Member
17,824 Posts
How did y'all get the back part off without tearing it up?
Slowly with a very sharp knife. A scalpel is a real help here. The more fat and and meat you get off the better. Leave the skin to hold it all together and borax the fool out of it for a couple weeks or so.

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Its easy. Ive done many for folks and myself. As stated above...watch a few videos and use a sharp knife. I split the sides first at the natural feather break line using a box cutter knife with a new blade. Be patient. Hang from head. Spread it well tacked and borax for about 6 weeks or till new borax stays dry on hide. Slit wing joints and pack with borax as well on bottom sides tacked in full spread.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.