Turkey calls for 2008

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Tom Hunter, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Tom Hunter

Tom Hunter Guest

Hello everyone. I'm a brand spankin' new forum member! This is my first post. I had a good friend tell me about this forum today at lunch. It looks very neat and informative. I have been a turkey hunter for the past 14 years. About three years ago I stumbled across something that has changed my turkey hunting in a major way, and I wanted to share this information with you. It is the line of turkey calls that I use. They are WoodHaven Custom Calls. Any of you guys use them? They are without a doubt the best calls I have ever laid my hands on. In the past few years, I've had a few conversations with the owner of this company, based in Heflin, AL. His name is Mike Pentecost, and he is a good Chritian man, just making a living like all of the rest of us, except this guy knows turkey like nobody you ever saw! He can build some awesome calls, guys. You owe it to yourself to try them out. They are a little more expensive than the mass produced "junk" calls that WalMart sells (and that I used to use). Man, I used to carry every brand you could name that you could buy in WalMart. When I got my hands on some WoodHaven calls, I took everything else out of my vest and threw it in the trash! You can buy these calls at several locations in Arkansas. Here in Jonesboro, you can buy their stuff at DNW Outdoors. I've got to get home, but I'll get back on here, and post some photos of birds I have called in and shot using these calls. They are BAD NEWS to Mr. Long Beard! I'm looking forward to getting to know you fellas.
    God Bless,
    TH

2. xrayguy

xrayguy Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner

+1 tom, i have a woodhaven box, it was a little more expensive but not bad and it has an awsome sound.......oh yeah.....don't tell everyone, then the turkey's will get used to our calls too! :smack: