turbo hotshot props

Discussion in 'Vehicles, Boats, Campers, & ATVs' started by bp_lee24, Dec 30, 2010.

1. bp_lee24

bp_lee24 Well-Known Member

lookin for a turbo hotshot prop for a 25 etec. read on here that they are the best props for this motor and i need to know where i can buy one. was running a stainless solas and it folded up like a beer can last week

2. QCDually5.9

QCDually5.9 Well-Known Member

Do they even make a hotshot for an etec? They are purchased through yamaha dealers.

3. sunny b

sunny b Well-Known Member

i got one on my suzuki......2 mph faster than the powertech i have in the same pitch.....CHUNK out of it this year in shallow water....call precision propellors....thats who makes em, outta indianaplois

4. NaturalStateNative

NaturalStateNative Well-Known Member

What pitch are you running?
    How much is that prop compared to a powertech?

5. sunny b

sunny b Well-Known Member

both 14p....cost about the same....around 200$:up: i have tried prolly 4 or 5 different brands of 14 and 15p props on mine....the 14p turbo is the fastest and the motor seems to turn it the best....i cant turn a 15p for sure....i have never put a tac on it though.....i just know ALOT of guys with suzukis and all seem to have different props...so i have been able to try em all....however no more water than we have had lately i been running the PT...it comes out of the hole a tad better and keeps the front of the boat down a little better, i aint worried bout goin too fast right now.....

6. greenhead smackdown

greenhead smackdown Well-Known Member

Order it from www.boatownersworld.com
    What kind of boat is the etec on? And how big of a load are you normally carrying?

7. NaturalStateNative

NaturalStateNative Well-Known Member

My 14 p powertech is doing really good on plane but the holeshot is kinda sketchy. I'm still playing with the trim to find where it works best for a good holeshot. That powertech vibrates a lot and kinda shakes my motor until im up on plane.

8. bp_lee24

bp_lee24 Well-Known Member

running it on a 1548 war eagle, power trim and a handy tilt.

9. bawildcat71

bawildcat71 Well-Known Member

Did the hotshot you bought for 200 have the hub in it are did you put one in it?