Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Not sure they are on here but there's definitely a bunch. I started hunting there 3 years ago and coming from south ark never knew there were so many serious bowhunters. Most around here give it up after the 2nd Saturday in November. They don't get started good over there until after that.

·
Super Member<br>2015 Spring Turkey Team Contest Wi
Arrow
2,451 Posts
Last year it was so bad that i wished i had worn my hunter orange. White river part that is accessible from goose lane was so crowded it looked like a used car lot a every trail and parking spot. 17 trucks in one spot.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
When I started hunting down there 12 years ago it wasn't too bad, I've seen it get worse and worse every year. I killed some really nice bucks down there and I feel like I probably still could but it would probably be a running shot from someone pushing them. Year before last I was down there during the muzzloader permit hunt and I know there were at least 250 people on the Pendleton side. That was my last trip.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Trusten Holder on the pendleton side is crowded and I haven't seen near the bucks that I used to. 10-12 years ago and before, I would say it was THE best kept secret in Arkansas. Then I think a 150 and almost a 170 were killed and it got crowded fast. I scouted it the other day and saw some deer. It would be a good place to go kill a doe.
I hunted it last year and walked up on one guy, so I moved, and had a guy walk up on me. I still saw deer, but you will have a harder time getting away from people than seeing deer.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I hunt Trusten every year on the Benzal side and have one spot I've hunted for the last 3 or 4 years and i have never seen another hunter in there. I've never even seen tracks where they have walked in. I've often wondered if i was in a restricted area even after checking the maps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.