Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody fishing the Supreme Tournament on the 29th of this month? The last one I fished 2 years ago I won a boat. I didn't get to fish it last year. Gonna head up there and see if I can keep the streak alive. :thumb:

Just curious if anybody else was fishing in it.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Anybody fishing the Supreme Tournament on the 29th of this month? The last one I fished 2 years ago I won a boat. I didn't get to fish it last year. Gonna head up there and see if I can keep the streak alive. :thumb:

Just curious if anybody else was fishing in it.
Can you provide more details? I might be interested!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One would think the fishing might be tough because of the recent rains, but Bull Shoals is absorbing most of the blow from the flood waters. Beaver has the flood gates open (or did last week anyway) but Bull Shoals is only running 2 to 3 units right now. The Corp won't open it to full bore because of the flood waters down stream. The tournament is held from the catch and release area below the dam to the catch and release at Rim Shoals. That stretch of the river should be relatively uneffected by the recent rains. What will make the fishing tough is the fact that the run off that the river did have pushed a ton of new food into the water. The fish have gorged themselves over the last week or so and therefore might be tough to get them to take my jig. Should be fun anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts