Trouble Sighting scope in

Discussion in 'Guns, Ammunition, and Reloading' started by bigbrown, Dec 19, 2010.

1. bigbrown

bigbrown Well-Known Member

I put on a rifled slug barrel on my mossberg 12 gauge 835 w a scope that was off my traditions muzzleloader. I took it to get bore sighted. Shot at 25 yards. Got it dialed in after 5 shots. Steped back 75 yards, missed target 2 times. Then got to 60 yards. Shot to the right about2 inches 1 shot and 2 inches to right and bout 4 inches high. Any suggestions b4 I buy more slugs at 13 $ a box. Can the scope not handle it. I think my muzzle loader kicked harder. Keep shootting. The scope mount is on the barrel. And scope almost touches mount on front and rear mount. Buy new scope?

2. bslayer

bslayer Well-Known Member

nea
    ive had cheap $20 -$30 scopes work well on muzzle loaders, but wasted alot of slugs with cheap scopes on shot guns.

not saying you have cheap scope, just saying that i think the recoil is different on a shotgun.

3. jwalker

jwalker Well-Known Member

Nikon makes a nice one so does Simmons

4. demented

demented Well-Known Member

It'll take a good scope to handle 12 ga recoil with slugs. A Nikon ProStaff would probably be about the lowest range I'd try.