Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
385 Posts
Aint heard of such and I been there since Thursday.......don't surprise me though.

Sound to me like a case of somebody runnin that mouth and somebody pulled somebody else's punk card.:fit::thumb::fit:

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
I been all over that place since thursday too, from the blue line (where there wasnt supposed to be water) 5 forks, cannon brake to B'ham and havent heard anything or saw it. I bet 'pimp is right though. Topwaters, how I dislike 'em...d2

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
The story I have heard about this deal was it involved a hole sitter that was dropped off by some guys that went back to pick up 2 boatloads of friends from OOS'er land & a group of guys who came into the hole to hunt & found only him allready standing in the middle of the hole with no boat, no decoys, or anything else. The guy's who showed up after the hole sitter was dropped of ask this guy what the story was & from what was told me he just told them he was waiting on his buddies & they were hunting here & for them to leave. The second boat keep quizing the guy about where was his boat, hunting equipment, and other hunting members. The guy in the hole would not give them any kind of a good answer so the second group just decided the hole was still open to hunt & decided to hunt it. Well the hole sitters party showed back up, 2 full boat loads of them from what was told to me & things got very heated. The story I got was there was NO gunfire, but threats were made to the effect if someone didn't leave there would be! The guys who were threatened called the local law via cellphone & told them what was going on. As the story was realyed to me when the law showed up they started to ask questions & when the smoke cleared it appears that they may have caught them a couple of guides. The old boy that was hole sitting was to have spilled the beans & fessed up & turned states evidence. From what I was told the G&F & the law is going to throw the book at them!

Like is said, this is what I was told by a second party who said he knew all about it so if his info is valid then the info what is said above is also!:confused:

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
These guides will say to there paying customers that I am going to not charge you to hunt with me in the morning but you can pay me extra for the nights stay if you know what I mean. I hope they put them all in jail. :whistle:

·
Registered
622 Posts
If you pull up to a hole on public ground, and somebody is already there, then they get to hunt it. It sounds like the second party was really in need of some manners. Whether or not the group was with some guides, the second group should have seen that they were beat to the hole and left. I realize that it is illegal to guide on WMA's, and all the locals that hunt Bayou Meto hate out of state hunters, but guess what, public land is public land. The out of state hunters taxes paid for this land, just the same as the locals. If you are hunting on public land, and you are beat to a certain spot, then dont act like a little kid and throw a fit, act you age and go hunt somewhere else. If you want you own place to hunt, go buy your own land.

·
Member<br>2011 Photo Contest Winner
737 Posts
If you pull up to a hole on public ground, and somebody is already there, then they get to hunt it. It sounds like the second party was really in need of some manners. Whether or not the group was with some guides, the second group should have seen that they were beat to the hole and left. I realize that it is illegal to guide on WMA's, and all the locals that hunt Bayou Meto hate out of state hunters, but guess what, public land is public land. The out of state hunters taxes paid for this land, just the same as the locals. If you are hunting on public land, and you are beat to a certain spot, then dont act like a little kid and throw a fit, act you age and go hunt somewhere else. If you want you own place to hunt, go buy your own land.
Maybe im completly off base but I thought The Arkansas license holders paid for it. If you think the out of state hunters money paid for much if any of the wmas then you obviuosly havent looked at the small fee out of state hunters pay as compared to what most states charge for out of state hunters. I do agree if someone is in the hole then move on.
As far as out of stated hunters-- I have no grief w you guys as long as you respect other hunters and arkansas land and wildlife.

·
Banned
385 Posts
There "was" some Federal money used on the origional purchase but the maintenance and improvements since then have been done with State money from the 1/8 sportsmans tax that we all pay 365 days a year when we make an outdoor related purchase.

Thats why I said in another thread that OOS money when they buy a can of beanie weenies and a diet pepsi at the Taliban Texico on the way to the blind don't make a squat.:up:

I don't have a problem with OOSr's. I hunt with a few every year. What I don't like is the attitude that alot of them tote.......that if it wasn't for their money being spent here our economy would tank and we'd all be in the poor house.

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Yea, it get pretty old hearing it! I suspect they may have to find another line after this year other than the one about "All our money we spend keeps you afloat"! It will be proven one way or the other because the hotels parking lot, eating joints & boatramps are very barren of OOS tags! I would suspect when it is all said & done they be there bussiness as allways just like they are the other 305 days a year when duck season is not a going!

Like you said, the little money they spend when they buy a can of beanie weenies and a diet pepsi at the Taliban Texico on the way to the blind don't make a squat.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I don't have the figures in front of me but I would guess that Ooser's make up less than 10 percent of the money spent in this state on duck hunting. Beat me with a wet noodle if I'm wrong. I get tired of hearing that they are the ones that keeps us afloat. I don't remember any Ooser's in the works when I got edumacated, found a job and made a living and paid my taxes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Boy if that hospital in Conway ever does get started, and I get transfered up that way I am gonna make sure, and change the registraion on my vehicle, and get Arkansas tags real quick like. Hate to come back with some flat tires. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I know lots of WMA's have times set so you will cut down on them problems of "hole sitters" which I agree with. It's ridiculous for some fella to be a hole sitter. I have been on Cut-Off Creek, and it was iced up, walked 1/2 mile in busting ice, it was bout 1/2" thick, terrible mess, got back to our hole, only 1 other truck in the parking, they went a different way. Get back there, here's a guy, just there. He said I walked in by the moon, but he didn't break any ice:confused: He had nothing, said his group was on their way, they had forgotten something, only way they could have beat us was to ran in by boat, which you can't. He's clearly been in there all night, we didn't leave either. And they too had a person or two from OOS, i'm sure they were paying.
Throw the book at 'em and take the boats and everything.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Well, I'm not a guide, but I do wake up early and race for a hole that my buddies want to hunt and they wake up a few min before shooting time and come. I don't see anything wrong with that, I do put out the spread but sometimes I wait. I don't mind it b/c I wake up usually 15min before my alarm no matter how early the time. Were we hunt if you can beat me to the hole that I'm going to than your the one or two boats in front of me past the sign b/c our boats are already in line next to sign during duck season or unless you cheated. I never leave before 4:00 wardens usually block ditch off at least once a year and not goin to chance that.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.