Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember in the past the ends of your trotlines had to be made of cotton. I searched the regs over and can't find anything on it. I'm in the process of making some lines and want to stay within the law. Is it still the case?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
It has to be labeled on one end with your vehicle license plate number. No more than 50 hooks per line and the hooks have to be at least 2 feet apart. They have to be checked daily. No game fish for bait like bass or crappie.

I'm going off of memory. What are the other rules?

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
cut and pasted from AGFC.com

Trotlines, Setlines and Limblines

Trotlines, setlines and limlines are allowed in most areas (check your destination for specific regulations).
Drops or hooks on lines must be at least 24 inches apart.
Fish must be removed from lines daily.
All lines must be clearly marked with the user's name and address, driver's license number or vehicle license number. This information must be attached to each line at the end closest to the bank.
Between the main levees of the Mississippi River, anglers may not fish more than 100 hooks at a time.
On the Arkansas River, trotlines may not be used below any lock and dam from the dam to the nearest arrival point navigation marker downstream.
Stakes added to AGFC-owned lakes for limblines must be made from wood or cane and must be removed from the lake when not in use.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
It has to be labeled on one end with your vehicle license plate number. No more than 50 hooks per line and the hooks have to be at least 2 feet apart. They have to be checked daily. No game fish for bait like bass or crappie.

I'm going off of memory. What are the other rules?
No 50 hook limitation... I believe the regs may be different on either the ar and/or miss river

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I've had some lines with 35 hooks but that's my limit. Even in the AR River most lines are 20. I can't imagine baiting a line with 100 hooks.

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
I'm with Vetrock. If I started with a store bought trotline(i think 50 hooks)I cut it into 3 or 4 pieces and changed the drops to bigger line and added stainless hooks.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Anything closer than 24" would be considered a snag line, if not mistaken. I like a short line 10-15 hooks max. Sometimes use a cinder block or car rim am dead end anchor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts