Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody tried one of these things??? I have been looking at buying a really good safety harness, and I stumbled across these things. For just a few $$ more than a really good safety harness, these things look like a way to open up alot of possibilities on public land.

·
Super Moderator
10,881 Posts
If your gonna not use a stand why dont ya just find a tree with a bunch of low limbs and a nice big fork and climb up the tree and put a cushion or somethin in the fork to sit on. Alot cheaper in my opinion and it works round here with wat few trees we got left

·
Registered
14,382 Posts
I looked into these last year, and I decided I was going to give 'em a shot. However, I went to order one, and Cabelas was out! I took it as an omen, and I went with my other option, a Lone Wolf climber.

I love my climber, but I am still thinking about the Tree Saddle.
1. There's not hardly a negative review that I can find.
2. I think I'd feel pretty secure being buckled in all the time.
3. The weight factor for hunting rough, public land cannot be beat.
4. It would be cheap - $200 for the saddle. Then you could have as many stand locations as you want, only buying steps.

The only question is, how comfy can it be hanging out all day? There's really only one way to find out for sure, and that's try it yourself. I think (if it's made just right) it might not be a problem. I've got a couple of buddies who rock climb, and the've thought of doing this with their climbing harnesses for years. They swear they're comfortable enough.

I dont know if I'll try one this year or not, but it's still in the back of my mind.

·
Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey
13,110 Posts
I've thought about trying one. I hate messin' with screw in steps, though. I guess the steps with the straps are an option, but more expensive. I'll probably just stick with my Summit climber. Old habits are hard to break.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
Never used ...or seen one.......but if ya got bad knees or 'itis brothers' problems.your knees/legs are gonna be hurtin after a few hours!!!!!

Looks similar to what we look like when hanging on a pole, working, except the safety is not as high on the pole, but with yer feet resting on the steps, holding ya upright...you're gonna get 'bird feet' unless ya got a good leather/steel or composite arch support!!!!!!!!!

I might be wrong, but got way many hours hanging on the wood!!!!!!!! tried hunting out of my climbing belt/hooks before...wearing high dollar climbing boots...........and I would have been more comfortable sittin down!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I've thought about trying one. I hate messin' with screw in steps, though. I guess the steps with the straps are an option, but more expensive. I'll probably just stick with my Summit climber. Old habits are hard to break.
Yeah, screw in steps are a hassle, and the tree's owners normally ain't too wild about their trees getting screwed.

·
Registered
14,382 Posts
Never used ...or seen one.......but if ya got bad knees or 'itis brothers' problems.your knees/legs are gonna be hurtin after a few hours!!!!!

Looks similar to what we look like when hanging on a pole, working, except the safety is not as high on the pole, but with yer feet resting on the steps, holding ya upright...you're gonna get 'bird feet' unless ya got a good leather/steel or composite arch support!!!!!!!!!

I might be wrong, but got way many hours hanging on the wood!!!!!!!! tried hunting out of my climbing belt/hooks before...wearing high dollar climbing boots...........and I would have been more comfortable sittin down!!!!!!
Sounds like you'd know...
Lone Wolf makes a similar product that includes a small treestand platform to stand on. Might help a little bit.
http://www.lonewolfstands.com/shoppingcart/Products/Assassin-Combo__ASN.aspx

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Those are pretty nice wonder if they come w/ one of those NASA diapers case you cant get out of it in time?LOL I would like the ability to move around and shoot easier. sometimes seems like the deer know which way you cant shoot. Lots of good reviews might have to look further into these.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have used one for a short period of time ( 3-4 hours) and it is much better than hanging from a pole with a belt on becase the Treesaddle actually bears most of your weigh so its not on your feet. My feet never hurt but my legs did get sore. I think they have their place and are very portable obviously but I don't want to hunt out of one as my primary tree stand.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.