Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
deer love them... the best I have ever used... but like Browning said they are pricey and most I have ever got out of one is a couple weeks... but I try to have one as I usually am desperate lol

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
I put one on the edge of my food plot.Deer loved it and when it was gone the plants close to the block were three times larger than the rest of my plot!
I noticed the same thing........and the bear love em also....got pix of a sow and her 2 cubs...small ones, not much bigger than the rock..my timer was on 5 inutes and I think I got 4 px of the cubs licking on it!!!!!!!

·
Registered
663 Posts
they definately like 'em, but i think its an overpriced gadget. i went back to using the red trace mineral blocks. cheaper, and last alot longer. BG12
Agree with you BG12-but we are talking 15-17 lbs vs. 50 lbs, and I too think the deer like them equally , so the 50lb block is definitely the better deal, but I don't have the mineral content on both to compare apples to apples:head:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I dont know if you can use them down there, but the white salt blocks from the feed store works great, and they are about $5.00

to answer the original question

I have used them and they have been hit but I wont write home about them

·
Registered
Marlin .308 Bolt and Compound Bow ..
6,006 Posts
Last spring I had a red mineral block by my boxstand I videoed plenty of D33R licking it most of the spring -summmer then they laid off of it towards fall..I havent got one out this year ..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.