Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im having trouble sighting in my sight. i have a ross cr337 and a trophy ridge matrix sight and i cant seem to get it on target. i have sight adjusted almost all the way dow and all the way left. also my rest is dropzone and it is adjusted all the way also to help compensate for the sight. any answers? or does anybody know any other brand that makes vertical pin sights?

·
3,605 Posts
hey im having trouble sighting in my sight. i have a ross cr337 and a trophy ridge matrix sight and i cant seem to get it on target. i have sight adjusted almost all the way dow and all the way left. also my rest is dropzone and it is adjusted all the way also to help compensate for the sight. any answers? or does anybody know any other brand that makes vertical pin sights?
You have a nice sight don't give up yet.
Is your bow tuned to true center? You have to start with the rest and make sure that you are tuned before we can fix the sight.

PM sent

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I agree with Selfbow. If you get your center shot right the sight shouldn't be a problem.

I have that same bow. Follow the directions for Ross bow in this guide and it should get your timing right and back into spec. Then you can paper tune like it does in the guide or you can walk back tune it (google "walk back tuning" and you'll find a guide).

http://www.lawleroutdoors.com/Article.asp?Article=Bow%20Setup%20and%20Tuning&Call=Hunting/Hunting.asp?Game=Archery

One thing to note... the guide says the bottom of your arrow should be in the center of the Berger hole, but mine shoots better with it closer to the top so you might play with that some.

·
3,605 Posts
I agree with Selfbow. If you get your center shot right the sight shouldn't be a problem.

I have that same bow. Follow the directions for Ross bow in this guide and it should get your timing right and back into spec. Then you can paper tune like it does in the guide or you can walk back tune it (google "walk back tuning" and you'll find a guide).

http://www.lawleroutdoors.com/Article.asp?Article=Bow%20Setup%20and%20Tuning&Call=Hunting/Hunting.asp?Game=Archery

One thing to note... the guide says the bottom of your arrow should be in the center of the Berger hole, but mine shoots better with it closer to the top so you might play with that some.
I love that walk back tuning!
It is soooooo much easier than paper tuning.

·
Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
517 Posts
I had the same problem on elevation had to move my peep and that fixed that.
I really like my trophy ridge sight. I had a drop zone rest then went to a trophy taker, x-treme (sweet)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.