Triple Trophy Poll

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Rackmaster, Dec 29, 2010.

Have you completed the Triple Trophy this year?

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    22.0%
  2. No - Need an Archery deer

28 vote(s)
    34.1%
  3. No - Need a Modern Gun deer

7 vote(s)
    8.5%
  4. No - Need a Muzzleloader deer

29 vote(s)
    35.4%
  1. Rackmaster

Rackmaster Well-Known Member

Have you got a Triple Trophy this year?

2. pruitt76

pruitt76 Well-Known Member

Not me. I'm missing the muzzleloader deer. I sold my muzzleloader a couple years ago. :up:

3. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    Never got it. I probably could have a few years if I was real motivated. For example, this year I killed 2 with a bow and 2 with modern gun. I could have legally popped a doe off my porch during the Christmas hunt any given evening, but what's the point? I would if I needed the meat.

I deer hunt for a lot of different reasons, but I've never really set goals per say. Not to say I wouldnt submit for Triple Trophy if I happened to get it. Same reason I never participate on the contests on here. I just like doing my own thing, and I dont really want to concern myself about anything outside that.

4. Ozark hunter

Ozark hunter Well-Known Member

lost my ml doe... still got a buck tag though, i'm gonna hold out for a goodin'

5. austincrutchfield

austincrutchfield Well-Known Member

If i went hunting with the muzzleloader and if i would of shot one with the rifle i could have. Had plenty of chances, but still got 2 tags left and 3 deer already with the bow. Just gonna use the bow and try to fill the last 2

6. Rackmaster

Rackmaster Well-Known Member

Maybe they should start some kind of program for limiting out with a bow. That would seem pretty challenging for most.

7. austincrutchfield

austincrutchfield Well-Known Member

It would be cool if they done something like that. Im trying to do that this year.

8. Shoot, I haven't killed a deer at all this year. I'm a Triple Trophy LOSER.

9. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

I have not own a ML for a couple of years. Traded for a secondary climber. I got triple once though, that's it.

10. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

Shot 2 deer with my bow, I haven't owned a muzzleloader in a couple of years..

11. n2deer

n2deer Well-Known Member

I did get my triple trophy this year, first ever for me. I just started bow hunting this year so it was great to get it in the first year that I started bow hunting. Every year I get deer with rifle and ML but is was nice to get all 3 this year.

12. kmc06005

kmc06005 Well-Known Member

I kill one with each most years. I only applied for the Triple trophy the first time, when I was 14 years old.

I shot at a good buck with my ML and missed in Oct...

I shot at a real good buck with Bow and missed in Nov...

Then killed Two nice bucks with my MG in Nov, I've killed a couple does with the MG since.

I may or may not take the longbow out for a spin one more time.

13. davglo35

davglo35 Super Member<br>2015 Spring Turkey Team Contest Wi

I won 11 consecutive triple trophys in the mid 80s - mid 90s. It got to be a hassle to try for it. I started being a lot more particular about the deer I killed and now concentrate on Mature bucks and an occasional managment/meat doe.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  14. knighten

knighten Well-Known Member

I got mine this year.I wish they still gave out the patches.

15. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

I use to do the triple trophy to but stop when I started bow hunting. Since I got a new TC Enocre for christmas guess I have to save a tag for ML season.

16. seymore whitetail

seymore whitetail Well-Known Member

I'm an archery deer away and going to try and get that in a few weeks when I'm on vacation!

17. Fred Carnes

Fred Carnes Well-Known Member

I got the award this year and last year too. I think I have gotten it 9 times over the years.

18. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    What do they give out?

19. camocreek

camocreek Well-Known Member

got it....I had a awesome year....for once

20. dash4cash

dash4cash Well-Known Member

Fro, your not a loser unless you quit trying:biggrin:

Carl