Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it finally happened to me! Some sorry SOB Slobs stole three of my tree stands his past week in Miller County.

They were on posted private property and they used bolt cutters to cut the locks and a four wheeler to haul them out.

It 's bad enough that it happened but the part that p!sses me off the most it that it was stands that I hunt out of with my son. One set up was a 16 ft. Ole Man ladder stand and Rivers Edge Lock-on (same location) and the other was a 15 ft. Strongbuilt Two-man stand. If by chance anybody knows anyone that comes up with stands like these you might ask where they got them.

I don't know the stupid SOB's name that did this but we do have their picture (game cams are great, glad they didn't see it or it would be gone too).

Maybe I should post it, would that be illegal to do?

I don't whether to let the law handle it or to find these idiots myself.

I hope they fall out of one of them and break something.

Thieves Suck!

·
Grand Member
15,439 Posts
Let the law handle it, specially since you've got pictures of them, 3 stands @ $150 to $250 each would be felony theft, along with criminal tresspass.

·
Premium Member
15,113 Posts
I'd let the law handle it but, I'd also post the pictures and put them up at local sporting goods stores and quik marts with the title "Do you know these people" and a contact nbr for the police dept..

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I really hope your able to catch that cheap trash. I can't stand a theif:smack:

If you have pictures of them, then you will have no problem catching them. They need to be taught a lesson.

Hope you recover your stands for you and your youngin's sake:up:

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
What they said and I would print WANTED posters and put up EVERY WHERE there was a pole or window that a proprietor would let me post and in bold letters "wanted for thievery"

Hope ya catch em and prosecute the he** out of them.

Best of luck I hope the rest of yalls season goes better and remember he who laughs last laughs the loudest :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I'd check with local law enforcement officers to make sure posting the pictures was okay. I wouldn't want them to get off on a technicality. But then I would definitely post them, and hang out at the wal-mart sporting goods section till you find them. They'll eventually show up there.

·
Registered
12,769 Posts
Post the pictures......Pictures taken in the public are yours to post. Kind of like the press they can take your picture and plaster all over the place as long as it wasn't taken in a private place that forbids it.

And if you have them in action I would post it like "Hey what are these idiots doing?" and add "do you know them?"

The pictures belong to you. The only issue I would concern myself with is not to defame them with words just yet. When convicted run them down.......with words of course:biggrin:

I personally would like to see the scum........I might know them and run them down for you.............with words:thumb:

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
Post the pictures......Pictures taken in the public are yours to post. Kind of like the press they can take your picture and plaster all over the place as long as it wasn't taken in a private place that forbids it.

And if you have them in action I would post it like "Hey what are these idiots doing?" and add "do you know them?"

The pictures belong to you. The only issue I would concern myself with is not to defame them with words just yet. When convicted run them down.......with words of course:biggrin:

I personally would like to see the scum........I might know them and run them down for you.............with words:thumb:

Then he can write it this way.

On such and such date I had three deer stands stolen from private land.
Here is a picture take and do you possible know the individuals. All calls with possible information will be will be private as I will turn the names into the Sherriff's office for questioning.

Thank you for your help since one of the stands is one in which I spend time hunting with my son.
T

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.