Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking about buying a climber stand had looked at the tree lounge but have not heard much about them. was wandering if anybody has one & what your opinon is on them

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have one, heavy and bulky,but comfortable as all get out. I would suggest getting the foot platform though cause when you do need to get up and stretch it really is hard to do with nowhere to stand. The stand is kinda awkward to get on the tree but it is very stable. If you can leave it in one place for a while it is great but if you want something to move a lot or hike a long distance with then I'd get a Summit or something like that.

·
Registered
12,769 Posts
I have one and it's super comfortable. Bulky and hard to get used to at first.
Get the bow adaptor,chill pad and pillow. I have a shooting rail and it's nice. The wife bought the shooting rail for me and I am thankful.

OH and the gun holders are a must. And the big old bag is nice.

I have a API grand slam for quick setups and an API Predator that is nice. But for a long day the Tree Lounge lives up to it's name.
One other thing .......it flexes alot and that takes some getting used to. Only when you stand up.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I've got one, and agree they are somewhat awkward at first. But you can climb high...and sit for hours very comfortably. Get the bowhunter footrest and the other "goodies", they make a difference. :up:

·
Registered
119 Posts
My father is just about to sell his. He has the whole 9 yards. It has the bow adaptor, pad, gun rest, camo cloth, and pillow. It actually has a camo umbrella clamp that clamps around tree for rainy days too. PM me if interested.

I have hunted out of his many a times and it is by far the most comfortable tree stand on the market. You can easily fall asleep on some of those warm hunting days. I have.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I have one too. My assessment is the same as the others. It is very comfortable, but very heavy and difficult to get on the tree. It works fine for gun hunting but is no good for bow hunting. There is a bow platform for them, but it seems to me that using it would be a lot like standing on the end of a diving board. They make a fairly good skinning rack though. I'd consider selling mine if you want to make an offer. If memory serves me right, I have the seat pad and gun rest for it as well as some sort of storage bag that hangs on the side.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I have one too. My assessment is the same as the others. It is very comfortable, but very heavy and difficult to get on the tree. It works fine for gun hunting but is no good for bow hunting. There is a bow platform for them, but it seems to me that using it would be a lot like standing on the end of a diving board. They make a fairly good skinning rack though. I'd consider selling mine if you want to make an offer. If memory serves me right, I have the seat pad and gun rest for it as well as some sort of storage bag that hangs on the side.
The end of a diving board, that describes it to a T :clap:, scares the bejibbers out of me, the one I have makes me nervous as all get out.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've hunted out of one for around 12 years now and have nothing but praise for it. I just bought another one this month so now I have 2. My original tree lounge is the old style with large square aluminum tubing and a wood platform. These I believe are a little more solid than the newer style but are about twice as heavy at around 50 lbs. Either style though are about the safest climber you can buy. I have to admit that I am spoiled and can't hunt out of anything else since it is so comfortable. I have stayed in my stand from sun up to sun down a few times. It's doable but still a challenge. You get used to the flex thing while standing up. it's really not all that bad.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have the older version its like 7 or 8 years old it has the square tubes not the "D" shaped ones , it is heavy but very comfortable, I'm a big guy, 6'2" 300# and I feel very safe in it. The diving board description fits perfectly!!:thumb:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have had one for years and love it. I am afraid of heights but feel completely comfortable with it. I would suggest if you get one practice climbing with it before you try to hunt out of it. It is not hard but takes some getting used to. Going up is very easy but coming down takes a while to master. I try to move too much at one step. At first I sounded like two bucks fighting but now can climb very quietly. I will not use any other type of climber. Boy, can I sleep in mine!!!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have one as well and love it. Like the others have said, kinda pain to set up and is noisy when putting on the back bars....but once you are up in the tree it is worth every ounce of trouble. I have only had mine slip once and I was coming down a tree that had zero bark on it.

·
Registered
11,692 Posts
Get a Summit. They aren't quite as comfy, but are close. They weigh a lot less, are a lot quieter, easier to put on a tree and have a big platform to stand on. I feel very secure in mine, and have fallen asleep in it too.

·
Registered
12,769 Posts
Get a Summit. They aren't quite as comfy, but are close. They weigh a lot less, are a lot quieter, easier to put on a tree and have a big platform to stand on. I feel very secure in mine, and have fallen asleep in it too.
John until you've used a tree lounge it's hard to really understand how comfy they are...:biggrin:

You need two to be honest........one for comfort and one for ease.:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I have an old style treelounge with bow hunter adapter. I love it, and wouldn't take a million dollars for it. I only use it now a days when I am going to spend the day in a tree, cause any other stand and I couldn't walk when I get down due to my back, but no worries with the treelounge. If you become familiar with it, the treelounge is quite easy to hang on a tree and quite quiet to set up. I do use my Summit Viper with foot rest more, because it is about 3 lbs lighter and quieter to carry in general, and a little quicker to stow for carry.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
i've had one since they first come out. it is the only climber i feel completely safe in, if you use it correctly you can't fall out of it. i disagree with the others though, it is a very good stand to bowhunt out of and i have taken several deer with a bow out of mine. i don't stand up in mine to take a shot, i either shoot sitting down or rise and put my knee in the sling and shoot that way.:up: ( it still scares the bejeebers out of me to stand up on that little platform though, the diving board is the perfect description :fit:)

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
My recommendation is the same. My Summit Viper is very comfortable and I think it is every bit as safe as my Tree Lounge.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I borrowed a friends last year for bowhunting. Was awkward and heavy going through the woods with it. Putting on the tree wasn't easy as I'd like but wasn't too bad either. Climbing up the tree was a breeze felt safer than I'd ever felt climbing a tree before. Hunting out of it would be best for a gun hunter but it was way too comfortable and sort of restricted looking behind you for deer. Climbing down was.... You mean you can climb down with these stands. I weigh 220 and am 6'1" in good shape and it took me 30 mins of sweating my arse off to climb down. The stand is so far off the tree it is front heavy and hard to pick up and move down. After this I tore it off the tree scaring any deer away for miles. Ran to the truck with it and threw it in the back. Hauled arse to my buddys house and threw it on his carport. Called my buddy and told him thanks for letting me use his stand but I would never need it again unless I planned on jumping to my death. That is my experience with the blankety blankety tree lounge.

·
Registered
20,506 Posts
I bought my first tree lounge in 89, I got 4 total now. I hardly ever move one, I use it as a lock on type stand with screw in steps. I bought the last three from people who didn't like them and paid for the three what I paid for the first one. If your looking for something thats light and easy, this isn't the stand. But if your looking for something really durable, safe, comfortable, and can sit for hours on end, this is the stand. I have used it as a climber on WMA hunts, and once they are on the tree, its fine to climb up and down. Just its a little bulky in a boat and on your back. The bowhunter model is smaller.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.