Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Grand Member<br>2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winne
4,339 Posts
I seen this really start a debate on another site, any where from 1.75 coils up to, MB 650s, and #4s.
However the MB 650s and #4s are to big for land sets in AR.
If yotes and cats is all you are going to catch I think #3s would be good, but if you are going to have the chance to catch fox and coon in them the #3s would be to strong, and you would lose a number of critters with broken legs.
I have been using only 1.5 dukes, with good results on Coon, fox and cats but am planning on getting some new traps next year and think I am going to go with #2 Bridger offsets. Have missed several critters that worked my set but just missed the sweet spot, hope the larger trap will help solve this.
Just my thoughs, hope it helps.

· Registered
163 Posts
For coyotes and cats I love four coiled #3's. They will hold what steps in them with very few if any pullouts, I can not say that about a two coiled trap of any make. My personal favorite is the Jake trap but they are very expensive.

· Registered
647 Posts
Foothold traps must be smooth-jawed.
Foothold traps on land must have a jaw spread no greater than 6 inches (measured from the inside edge at the dog).
Foothold traps in water sets must have a jaw spread no greater than 81/2 inches (measured from the inside edge at the dog).
bridger # 3 has 6 1/2'' jaw spread so it can't be used for land set--#2 has 5 7/8'' so offset is legal for land set--for non trapper some of these can be a head scratcher

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.