Trap Game Ole Miss?

Discussion in 'Razorbacks' started by Timberking, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Timberking

Timberking Well-Known Member

Since their coach made his announcement, I got a bad feeling the hogs are going against a lot of emotion plus home court tonight.

2. stealthycat

stealthycat Elite Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

No trap at all

Hogs have 1 road game SEC win, right ?

Win at home, lose on the road, that's Mike Anderson's team guys. If Hogs win on the road it'll be rare and amazing and not really expected. They desperately need this win, but this team doesn't play with desperation IMO. They can win 5 of 6, or lose 5 of 6, more than likely they'll split wins at home vs KY and Auburn and get a win on the road maybe .... it aint looking NCAA good IMO

3. brushcreek

brushcreek Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Arkansas has had 2 winning road record seasons since the national title game in 1995. Anderson was the coach for both of them.

4. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Well-Known Member

Nice stat

5. paxcolt

paxcolt Well-Known Member

The Hogs have a losing record vs Ole Miss since joining the SEC, so it's never a good bet to pick the Hogs in this matchup. Especially at their place. I had this one chalked up as an L before the Kennedy announcement.

brushcreek likes this.
  6. stealthycat

"Arkansas has had 2 winning road record seasons since the national title game in 1995. Anderson was the coach for both of them."

how's this team doing this year in the SEC on the road ?

7. brushcreek

brushcreek Well-Known Member Supporting Member

1-5. Do you realize Anderson has a better road record in his first 7 years than Nolan did in his last 7? Very few coaches win consistently on the road.

mb1991 likes this.
  8. y hunt

y hunt Super Moderator Staff Member

I could see them not winning another game this season. I give them the best chance against Kentucky then Mississippi. Just do not see them winning at Alabama or Missouri. I also see no chance of beating Auburn. Heck I don't think they could win out at home if they played Vandy every game.

9. stealthycat

48-44 with 10 minutes left, Hogs have blown 11 point halftime lead

10. Triple Threat

Triple Threat Well-Known Member

11. JR1

JR1 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Ole Miss couldn't hit jack in the first half. And they have no inside presence.

I'd say a 15+/- point win at their house is about right for us this year. We also proved we have a bench that can score and that we are a second half team.

12. stealthycat

that's a win, that's good, they closed it out, nice win
    BTW Mizzou beat A&M tonight

brushcreek likes this.
  13. JR1

JR1 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Solid road win. Especially with a atrocious shooting first half.

I still haven't figured out how good the SEC is this year. Everybody says we are pretty solid, but there's been some head scratchers in conference play.

brushcreek likes this.
  14. mb1991

mb1991 Well-Known Member

Great win and confidence builder. Macon only having 4 points, team missing tons of free throws and, Barford having an off night yet win by double digits on the road is definitely a success. Hall gets better every game! 6'5" and has a double double. Him and gafford both have high basketball IQ! And Gabe is giving good minutes as well. Freshman coming on could give this team a much needed boost down this stretch. Oh how crucial was that screw job at miss st....??? We should be at 8-5 in league and 3 road wins now

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    F B, brushcreek and JR1 like this.
  15. paxcolt

paxcolt Well-Known Member

Glad I was wrong on this one!

brushcreek likes this.
  16. stealthycat

I take it back, this was a trap game

for fans .... because we're seeing 3 in a row, a road win ..... and this is Mike Anderson team, it can lose 4 of 5 guys ....

17. Bucker10

Bucker10 Well-Known Member Staff Member

Try this

Hey we won 3 in a row

Woohoo celebrate

18. Buckrub

Buckrub Well-Known Member

Conway
    Five to go.
    and they just happen to be the hardest five.

Much will be known before long. But my gosh, who is this team??? And how many years have I asked that?

19. Triple Threat

Triple Threat Well-Known Member