Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a little research and came up with a list of popular training books. Please if you've read and used one let me know your thoughts on it.

1. Water Dog
2. Smart Works
3. Smart Fetch
4. 10 Minute Retriever
5. Sound Beginings
6. Retriever Training for the Duck Hunter
7. Back to the Basics Approach

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Hey,
how's she doing. I have never read any of them but have heard good things about Waterdog. I use Fowl Dawgs. I have the first DVD and its a good starter and its about time to go to the second volume. Let me know how she is doing. I sure hated to see her go.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
I've used Water Dog... both the book and vid... and had I gotten it sooner than I did, I might have ahad a much better better retriever. Satie does what I need her to do... but not what I would like her to be able to do.

The next one will be started from page one.......

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I've done a little research and came up with a list of popular training books. Please if you've read and used one let me know your thoughts on it.

1. Water Dog
2. Smart Works
3. Smart Fetch
4. 10 Minute Retriever
5. Sound Beginings
6. Retriever Training for the Duck Hunter
7. Back to the Basics Approach
I had 3 of the first 5 and would use them for kindling after I bought and used the methods in #6. Although it wasn't really written for the amateur trainer. I then bought #7 and it is definitely one of the two best books written on the subject. I titled 2 dogs using the methods in each of the two and I am worse than the title of "amateur". I had a lot of help from friends in the local dog training club.

I think Milner has a unique way of getting through to the trainer that makes it easy.

All of the above is only my very humble opinion.

2dogs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.