Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Select Member<br>2014 Team Turkey Contest Winner
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at a tracker pro 170 with a 4 stroke 40 horse on it. is this going to be enough motor on this boat with me and another buddy or two? they are rated for a 50 but that is out of the budget. im not looking for a speed boat but I want to be able to get out on plane and get on down the lake. what is your opinions on this boat? any reviews or experiences are appreciated.

·
Select Member<br>Ol Eagle Eye
17,182 Posts
I was looking at a tracker pro 170 with a 4 stroke 40 horse on it. is this going to be enough motor on this boat with me and another buddy or two? they are rated for a 50 but that is out of the budget. im not looking for a speed boat but I want to be able to get out on plane and get on down the lake. what is your opinions on this boat? any reviews or experiences are appreciated.
I have a 17 ft aluminum Skeeter with a 40hp Yamaha. I weigh around 320 and fish with my cousin who weighs around 180 and mine does pretty good. When the live well is full and he or my kids are with me it's a little slow getting on plane but not too bad.

·
Select Member<br>2014 Team Turkey Contest Winner
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what kind of speed are you getting out of it? trackers website says 34-36 but I bet that's for an empty boat and a guy who needs a good shot of wormer. just curious what this kind of boat would run with all my tackle and a couple of us good ole boys(250+).

·
Select Member<br>Ol Eagle Eye
17,182 Posts
what kind of speed are you getting out of it? trackers website says 34-36 but I bet that's for an empty boat and a guy who needs a good shot of wormer. just curious what this kind of boat would run with all my tackle and a couple of us good ole boys(250+).
I've never checked it with a GPS and I know my speedo isn't right but it says upper 30's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts