Arkansas Hunting banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,473 Posts
Judging from the final talley, my SIL would have been about 35/40 at 249 lbs. When they weighed, they didnt have the numbers posted. He said about 150 boats. Looks like some of these guys found some big fish. Looks like you had to be on the grass carp.

·
Super Moderator
10,868 Posts
Judging from the final talley, my SIL would have been about 35/40 at 249 lbs. When they weighed, they didnt have the numbers posted. He said about 150 boats. Looks like some of these guys found some big fish. Looks like you had to be on the grass carp.
I didn't realize it cut off part of that. His the rest of the list
Text Font
Text Plant

·
Premium Member
23,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
not that I'm aware of. They usually try to keep that stuff hush hush
I bet Toledo bend is one of the top. Sire gets my heart to pumping seeing them mud trails. Years ago me and my ex fil we’re now fishing at Mercer bayou and he killed about 6 or 7 lb long nose gar was solid orange like a goldfish. It’s the only one I’ve ever seen. Y’all ever seen one that color? He got it mounted I need to get a pic of it.

·
Premium Member
23,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Haha creative name :D

·
Super Moderator
10,868 Posts
I bet Toledo bend is one of the top. Sire gets my heart to pumping seeing them mud trails. Years ago me and my ex fil we’re now fishing at Mercer bayou and he killed about 6 or 7 lb long nose gar was solid orange like a goldfish. It’s the only one I’ve ever seen. Y’all ever seen one that color? He got it mounted I need to get a pic of it.
I've not seen one in person that was orange but have seen pictures. 95% of what I've shot has been spotted gar, will see some with so many spots they're nearly black and some with nary a spot on them, that's about my range of odd colors lol I like finding big carp and buffalo, just don't happen to often for us. I don't discriminate tho and like a good ol gar shoot as good as any

·
Registered
860 Posts
I just saw this post today...it sucked, or I should say we sucked! one pocket had enough carp in it for us to actually place above 100th.(we got 45th) we shot all our fish in 15 min. out of a 12 hr shoot. Of course the rain did a number on us also. We had a place with some good carp, but nothing that would win, and from what I understand from another team we knew, they went in there after the rain moved on and wore them out! we moved to 1215 and watch the rain move all around us, but there were enough boats down there to where it was never darkness for miles....we did shot a few hundred dink gar, cause we were bored.... I did get to go home with the flu though....that was nice....
By the way, our Arkansas State Shoot is Aug 22, 2020.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.