Tournament archery

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by mathewsman07, Dec 17, 2010.

1. mathewsman07

mathewsman07 Well-Known Member

I just picked up my first sponsor for tournaments! Super happy! :biggrin: Wondering if any one else shot in tournaments?

2. mossyhorn

mossyhorn Well-Known Member

i have done a few 3d and 5 spot tournaments. I won 35 bucks at portias 5 spot a while back.

3. mathewsman07

Sweet! I have never shot in a 5 spot tournament but I'm addicted to the 3d tournaments! Thats all I do during the summer. I went to the national championship last year and had a blast! I met alot of the pros to so that was cool.

4. Dixie_Rebel_Z71

Dixie_Rebel_Z71 Well-Known Member

I would love to get in to 3-D It seems like it would be a blast.

5. possum

possum Moderator<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<b

Keep a check on the 3D forum. I've got a couple of schedules posted and will post more as I get them or others will post them. I'm sure you can find something close and most I've ever been to has a whole group of people that are more than willing to help out the newbies. :up:

6. mossyhorn

mossyhorn Well-Known Member

my brother ran the 3d at scatter creek one year so i shot alot in that, i usually shoot at the OutDoor Expo at ASU each year.

7. diggercat

diggercat Well-Known Member

I have shot in about 20 state indoor and out for about the last 12 years.

8. Veo

Veo Super Member<br>2012 Turkey Contest Winner

That's all I do from February through august. There are a lot of good shooters on this forum also.

9. E-T

E-T Well-Known Member

Who's your sponsor? I remember my first one. It was Fletcher releases. That was 9 years ago. Ive added a heck of alot more since then. Good luck to everybody this year. I've got my 3-d bow tuned up and it's shooting amazing! This year I'm shooting a Hoyt Contender Elite!

10. possum

A Hoyt Protender Elite? :fit:

That's not what you were shooting at the Ft. Smith pop-ups is it?

11. E-T

E-T Well-Known Member

Wow, I never knew you were that funny! Go stand in the corner.

I was shooting a Hoyt Maxxis 31 at the pop-ups. That's my hunting bow. I'll shoot it for pop-ups this year too. The Contender Elite isn't a good bow for pop-ups. The shoot through riser takes to long to load and me Trophy Taker spring steel rest is NOT a good rest for pop-ups either! the Maxxis is better cause I can load it fast and the Tropghy Taker fall away is way better for pop-ups.

Let me know anytime you know where a pop-up is. I'm shooting the one at the Big Buck Classic and the world championship at Bass Pro Shop. I qualified in the pro class at the world championship last time I shot. Darrin Collins knocked me out. I shot a 58. He shot a 60. I went down swinging!

12. possum

Naw, just a natural born smart:censored:. :biggrin:

I'll see if Clarence has a pop-up schedule of any kind. :up:

13. E-T

E-T Well-Known Member

Thanks bro. Jerry needs to update his schedule too. So does the ABA.

Man, I can't wait for this season. I'm so pumped up.

14. mathewsman07

I just got a local shop sponsor. But this is only my third year shooting so I'm working on getting a bigger one. Im gonna try to go to alot of the bigger shoots out of state this year that way I can get use to them. I shot at nationals last year and I was so nervous! I didn't do that bad though I finished like 30th out of 75 shooters. Which to me was a good deal I thought seeing how it was my first one. I shot a clarence's range last year and he got really mad at me Bc I shot up on his range! He accused me of cheating and everything but some guys that I didn't know that were shooting behind me took up for me so he apologized but he was still MAD!!

15. mathewsman07 check out the ASA state championship tour. Lots of qualifiers, best four scores plus the state championship count towards shooter of the year honors. Nice belt buckles for SOY and the State Championship.

[​IMG]