Tough hunting...

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by SABowhunter10, Dec 8, 2012.

1. SABowhunter10

SABowhunter10 Well-Known Member

Well our ducks we were holding on the public land we hunt left out... Managed to scratch out our limits getting our greenheads and our off ducks (including one of the prettiest widgeons to date) but the duck numbers were an eighth of what they've been being... Prayin for this front to replenish our stock... Anybody else notice the drop in numbers? Maybe leaving ahead of the weather... Or because of how blessed hot it is..

2. SwampCat

SwampCat Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Very few ducks here in SW AR. Steady cold weather is hitting the upper Midwest. Maybe we will see a few new ones.

3. dyeR

dyeR Well-Known Member

Cabot
    We lost alot of birds!! Come on cold weather!!

4. possum

possum Well-Known Member

Not many birds but plenty of skeeters this morning, wish I had thought to pack the thermocell.

5. SABowhunter10

SABowhunter10 Well-Known Member

Therms cell woulda been great! Didn't finish till almost 11 and gave the skeeters plenty of time to give us fits

6. GBacon

GBacon Well-Known Member

Hearing reports of the same.....much lower numbers than the first split.

Saw it first hand yesterday and decided to stay home and catch up on some chores today. For me not to go duck hunting on a Saturday that I am not working does not happen often.

Need some good rain and cold right behind it!

7. shiftymcfive01

shiftymcfive01 Super Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2013

x2

8. anthony

anthony Well-Known Member

Must be coming down!!! Illinois tags where i was in parking lot

9. kgriffin

kgriffin Well-Known Member

we saw a lot more ducks in se arkansas yesterday before the storm came through. Killed 12 yesterday 7 today.

10. skip1411

skip1411 Well-Known Member

Were I hunt. We haven't killed alot of big ducks yet. We have wore the teal out. Big groups of teal everywhere.

11. wood duck whacker

wood duck whacker Well-Known Member

Big ducks follow the teal!

12. skip1411

skip1411 Well-Known Member

Evidentally a few buddies got into them yesterday. Man i wish i didnt have to work

13. Grinnel Slough

Grinnel Slough Well-Known Member

Beebe
    Pretty mixed bag for us but from what I have seen. The teal hold until mid December. They are good eating birds too though.