Torn Rotator Cuff?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by John Stiles, May 18, 2020.

1. paxcolt

paxcolt Well-Known Member

Conway
    So, the empty can test hurts, but you're able to hold your arm up against the resistance? If so, then you probably don't have a tear in your supraspinatus; or at least not a very big one. The clunk makes it sound like the entire shoulder is subluxing (partially dislocating) when you move it. If that's the case you might be looking at a shoulder arthroplasty/hemiarthroplasty rather than a rotator cuff repair. Or you might get lucky and it be a labral tear rather than subluxing.

If you do end up having to have surgery, I agree with BR on not having it at the VA. The post-op patients I've had from the VA have had very mixed results.

John Stiles likes this.
  2. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

They still havent said anything to me about the results of the MRI! They did send me a bottle of 80mg Ibuprofen, and a bottle of Benedryl to help me sleep! I hauled and stacked 75 bales of hay, finished up this morning! Damn my shoulder hurts...pain radiaters from my scapula all the way around to my clavicle! Still having to use ice packs and heating pad to sleep; wake up several times per night to adjust positions! This is a heck of a situation!

3. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

Almost forgot; they put me on insure milk shakes 3 times per day!

4. deer14

deer14 Well-Known Member

Dang , you too ! Wife was lifting her mom (before she passed) . Ma turned different , they fell. Wife went to doc . Torn rotator cuff. Has not quit raining on us yet ! She could probably give some insight on this , we both still plugging along . I have type A pos . blood . So , more likely catch the junk going round . Really gets one down .

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  5. CatDaddy

CatDaddy Well-Known Member

Hey B.R., i have not been on here lately. That is quite an apparatus !! All i got was just physical therapy after the therapy and it did not started until 4 or 5 weeks into reovery? So much has changed / advanced, my surgery was in the late 90's. My eldest sister had same surgery a few months ago, they started her on re-hab almost immediately and she is not completely satified with her recovery