Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the top deer hunting leases in the state. I'm looking for size not numbers of deer. I'm love to bow hunt and would rather do that than gun hunt. I'm new to this site but just looking for a great deer lease. Thanks for the help...

·
Registered
466 Posts
Most of the deer hunting clubs between the Mississippi River and the Levy are high dollar hunting clubs. This area has a reputation for producing good quality "delta" deer. They have turkey (we hope last years flood didn't wipe them out) ducks and a few hogs.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, I haven't been in that part of the state much. Is the Levy on the west or east side of the river? Do you know of any bow hunting only clubs in the state? What is the hunting like in Zone 3?

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,530 Posts
Sorry, I haven't been in that part of the state much. Is the Levy on the west or east side of the river? Do you know of any bow hunting only clubs in the state? What is the hunting like in Zone 3?
The area they are talking about is what is classified as zone 17. It's on the far east part of the state. The Miss river s the dividing line between AR and Miss, meaning this area is west of the river. Turner and Neil owns a big majority of this land and lease their land out to many different clubs. One of the big clubs is called the leauge (which last I heard has openings), but it cost about $2500 yr. Handgunner hunts there and could fill you in better than I. For some reason I'm drawing a blank on the others but I will name them off as they come to me.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I called several years ago about a "hunting club" add in the paper. the gentleman started telling me all about Yancopin Hunt club and where it is located....at the confluence of the arkansas and mississippi rivers near watson...I got all excited and was prepared to pay $400 or $500 a year. Iasked about the fee and he said well the buy in which includes a lot is $300,000. click.

i've heard since that it has excellent hunting and is one of the finest in the state.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
My best friend's step dad just bought into a place outside fo Lake Providence called Fitlers Bend (sp?). All I know is it was more than my house cost but a super great place to hunt. Hoping on getting to go there in January. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.