Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
90,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 5.5"bbl SW 22 from cjdavis a couple of days ago. Been wanting to get a 22 set up for small game hunting with a red dot sight. Since this pistol has a full length rail on top, I thought it would make a great platform to try out.

I ran about 300 rounds through the gun using open sights to check functioning and get used to the trigger. I have 2 Ruger MKII 22's, and I thought they had nice triggers. This thing is typical of S&W handguns, the trigger is a dream!!

After wringing it out for about an hour, I slapped an extra Tasco Pro-Point scope on it and tuned her in at 20 yards. I ran several different bulk pak ammo through it (Federal, Remington and Winchester), but by far it preferred the Federal Auto Match bulk pack. They come in 325 round boxes and are a 40 grain RN lead bullet.

Here's the results of the Fed AM ammo and the after pic of the pistol with the red dot on top. This is a 10 shot 20 yard group off the sandbags, and I shot about 6 or 8 groups just about like this. Sorry for the poor lighting, this was my daughters camera and I wasn't familiar with the settings.

·
Premium Member
11,478 Posts
Nice shootin' Tex! That's minute of squarrel for sure! :thumb:

I'm gonna hafta wring the bugs out of my scoped Hi-standard and see what it will do on the bags. I really want to get me some red dot sights and play.

Scopes and electronic sights on pistols are a new concept to me, but I think I'm gonna like it!

·
Premium Member
18,385 Posts
Nice shootin' Tex! That's minute of squarrel for sure! :thumb:

I'm gonna hafta wring the bugs out of my scoped Hi-standard and see what it will do on the bags. I really want to get me some red dot sights and play.

Scopes and electronic sights on pistols are a new concept to me, but I think I'm gonna like it!
Try one of the ATN Ultra sights. I have found I like them a whole lot better than a tubed red dot sight. They also have several features such as different red dots that I really like.

Sure you pay a little more, but I have found them to be well worth the money. Very sturdy. I've got a couple or three of them. One on an AR that has taken a beating and still keeps on going strong. Very good battery life as well.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
That's the way to do it. You have shot that gun more in one day than I have shot it in the 2 years I have had it.

:thumb:

I sold it so someone would use it. It went home with the right guy. :wink:

Glad to see you like it.:clap:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.