Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you guys ever heard of them??

A bro of mine has been getting e-mails about them, but Friday they sent him an Internet catalog so to speak.......

Guys these are Turkish imports much like the S&W, Stoeger, H&R 1871 and many others. As much as I hate to buy "Un-American" these are some good looking guns!!! And they are very cost friendly!!!

I mean like the MSRP on the fully engraved, cased, double 12ga. was under $500!!!

And it looks damn good!!!!
The website is www.turkishsportarms.com

Even the fully camoed mod-1402 was less than $200! Now that may be at dealer cost, but still!!! Add 20-30% or so and you STILL have a very affordable shotgun!!

Are they "bargains" or just cheap?? I have no idea, but I think I may test one out just to see!!! I need another shotgun like another hole-in-the-head, but for the $$$$ it may be a good back-up or loaner gun. And in a 20ga. it'll be one my youngest ones can grow into.:wink:

·
Registered
898 Posts
I've never heard of them. I looked at the website. They are good looking guns. I would have to research a little to see if I would invest the cash for one.

As for being imports, that's not an issue for me. I'm sure the gov will get $ for import tax and the US dealer will get their cut too. I don't believe that isolation from the world market is in the best interest of the US consumer, nor the US gun makers in the long run. Look at what happened to the US auto makers. If they were forced to adapt to the world market earlier, instead of being shielded by gov taxes on imports, perhaps they'd still be in positions of strength. An open market is good.

Sorry for the rant. Bottom line, if it's a good gun... buy it!!!!

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bro I'm in there with ya. I like my "Americana" brands, but I gotta bet the most from my $$$'s too.

It looks like we're gonna order about a half dozen or so, between four of us. They'll make back-ups or truck guns, whatever... but for the money, I'm sure can find a place for one.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dude I never even heard of them until a week ago today. A bro of mine had been getting emails from them and just deleted them... he opened it up last week and passed it on to me.

I think we have about 6-7 now that we plan to order. Not sure of they'll be worth the $$$ when we get them but only one way to find out.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.